Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Corona 1.6 Release Candidate 8 is out now!

(1/3) > >>

TomG:
Corona Renderer 1.6 Release Candidate 8 is out now!

Everyone with an active FairSaaS or Box with Subscription license has access, and the download is in the usual location: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mswauuv1afec8am/AAA5OKrd_QujokDM3mxQ7S40a

Not many changes in this RC, but do please install and test - as final release nears, now is the time to catch any last remaining issues! The changes are:

- Fixed UV scattering behavior in very dense grids

Corona Image Editor
- “Save” button now saves all elements and configuration into a single file when the output format is chosen as CXR (this is equivalent to using “Save CXR” from VFB)

We've been creating new RCs to roll fixes out to you as soon as they are ready, rather than delay & gather more fixes into fewer (and less-frequent) RCs. This has been important particularly due to the completely-reworked Distributed Rendering. It has meant more RCs than usual, but we believe it was the right way to go! We appreciate you keeping up with the RCs as they come out and putting them through their paces with real-world tests.

Thanks!
   Tom

Jpjapers:
Not sure if its just me but renders in RC8 seem to have alot more high frequency noise, most notably in darker areas, and they seem to take a little longer to clean up than in RC6

Ondra:
can you post side by side comparisons? Usually it turns out these feelings turn out to be incorrect when you view images side by side

romullus:

--- Quote from: jpjapers on 2017-04-21, 09:44:52 ---Not sure if its just me but renders in RC8 seem to have alot more high frequency noise, most notably in darker areas, and they seem to take a little longer to clean up than in RC6

--- End quote ---
I felt the same even before RCs, but didn't bother to do tests because of that reason :]

--- Quote from: Ondra on 2017-04-21, 10:07:26 ---Usually it turns out these feelings turn out to be incorrect when you view images side by side

--- End quote ---

Jpjapers:

--- Quote from: Ondra on 2017-04-21, 10:07:26 ---can you post side by side comparisons? Usually it turns out these feelings turn out to be incorrect when you view images side by side

--- End quote ---

If i get a chance this afternoon to reinstall RC6 i will do.
Can you have multiple versions of corona installed at once?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version