Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Adaptivity intenity slider?

<< < (2/5) > >>

kumodot:
I had a "lot of problems" with this exacly behavior on a scene with strong DOF/bokeh... The image is clean in like 30-40 min but the Dof is noisy even after 3-4-5 hours... ;(

This was the Job...
     I was using Corona 1.2 or 3, i canĀ“t remember now... The "solution" was to render the ZDepth with the DOF ON, and then Crank up the Bockeh/Dof on Post... Add more Dof in Post, cleaned up the beauty noise...

cecofuli:
In Corona 1.4 the situation is better that v1-2 or v1.3, because the new adaptivity.
But, the new adaptive sampling need more improvement, in my opinion.

zuliban:
im also having the same trouble im not sure if this  a common raytracer problem a small source of light intense  bokeh in glass or metal surfaces 1.3 and 1.4 have the same spot of problems i was thinking 1.4 could resolve this but it did not if i render a crop of the small place it resolves in like 9k passes .

cecofuli:
zuliban, did you already try GI  vs AA = 2? Maybe 4 is better, because you have a lot of GI.
But, I'm sure, Corona needs some improvement in this area (adaptive sampling, DOF and bokeh)

zuliban:
i have tried 16, 64, 2 and 4 , i tried this scene in other renders and they fail in the same areas ,corona cleans them faster, so im sure this is a raytracer limitation or issue but at least it cleans with alot of time, i  just don't want to use post dof it looks fake.  but 1.3 cleans them better than 1.4 with bucket mode why not add bucket mode again with the new adaptivity?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version