Author Topic: Lightmixer  (Read 4789 times)

2016-10-12, 16:25:11

fkoehler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Is it possible to save a lightmixer animation? I mean with a render finished is it possible to save a short animation from the VFB with lights dimming?

Thanks

2016-10-12, 16:41:56
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The values in the VFB can't be animated at this time. You can render one frame, then use something like Fusion to take the LightSelect elements and animate changing values from that one rendered frame, basically letting you render just the one frame and create an animation from it.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-10-12, 17:10:01
Reply #2

fkoehler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom for the quick reply. I never used fusion but just tried "mixing" the light select elements in photoshop using screen mode and curves and it works fine! I'll try to animate them in After Effects.

Cheers,
Francisco

2016-10-12, 17:28:39
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No problem! And yep, should work in any editor! I mention Fusion as it is free, for anyone that doesn't already have AE or other software it gives an alternative without shelling out extra money. I did this simple little test from one frame quite a while back in an early daily build :)

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-10-12, 22:54:36
Reply #4

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@tomg any chance you could share your method? ive never used fusion before. ive used AE but couldnt figure out the correct blnding mode to use to get the correct lighting? I assume it also has to be in linear 32bit mode?

2016-10-13, 11:41:52
Reply #5

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
One more question about lightmix, how one can add more "environments/hdri's" to then have them avaiable in the lightmix? Asking so that in one render we can have sunny hdri, one cloudy and one dawn/dusk

2016-10-13, 13:52:43
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
One more question about lightmix, how one can add more "environments/hdri's" to then have them avaiable in the lightmix? Asking so that in one render we can have sunny hdri, one cloudy and one dawn/dusk

AFAIK impossible. What would happen with reflections, refractions, ...?
+probably some other problems like render times
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-10-14, 15:07:29
Reply #7

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
Thank you, Maru, for clarifying this.

2016-10-15, 00:22:00
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep, multiple environment maps is really "stretching it" in terms of what lightmix could do. It would be possible in theory after some extensive rewriting of the shading core, but the result would be probably as slow as doing separate renders...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)