Official Stuff > News

Displacement enhanced

(1/2) > >>

Ondra:
I've changed the way displacement subdivision rate is computed, it should be now possible to create much more complex scenes with same amount of memory. Same goes for textured lights.

Realish:
This is amazing.  The speed at which these updates come out is also crazy fast.

maru:
Cool! Is it possible to render displacement+motion blur now? :) I've also noticed that in some cases when you use "Projected size" larger than 1px there are holes in displaced geometry. In vray there is an option called "keep continuity" that prevents breaking geometry. Any possibility of adding it?

Paul Jones:
me likey!

Ondra:

--- Quote from: maru on 2012-11-02, 11:43:33 ---Cool! Is it possible to render displacement+motion blur now? :) I've also noticed that in some cases when you use "Projected size" larger than 1px there are holes in displaced geometry. In vray there is an option called "keep continuity" that prevents breaking geometry. Any possibility of adding it?

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately motion blur (that is deformable geometry motion blur) is still not supported, and using displacement with instancing can still give you low subdivision rates.

The holes should be fixed by increasing subdivision rate (lower projected size), which should be possible with this optimization in larges scenes than before

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version