Author Topic: Big Ask...  (Read 8218 times)

2012-11-24, 14:11:45

airflow

• Active Users
  • 3D artist
    • View Profile
Could some kind soul please document how to go about setting up an interior walktrhough using PT and Hd.
It would be a massive help to get me more upto speed.

2012-11-24, 22:35:00
Reply #1

airflow

• Active Users
  • 3D artist
    • View Profile
Ok maybe I should try to show you where I am stuck. I have tried PT primary  PT secondary and managed to get a good clean render with no flicker. But that was just an exterior object that was moving. I am not sure if this would work for an interior walkthrough. I did a test with PT primary and HC secondary, but was not too sure how to set it up to do the cache pass. What i got was pretty bad flicker. Any help would be hot. Will post  a scene if I can get some help.
Thanks in advance.

2012-11-24, 23:00:25
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,
have you tried saving the GI (rendering 1 frame with save GI checkbox on), and then reusing it (using other frames with load GI checked)?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-11-24, 23:10:11
Reply #3

airflow

• Active Users
  • 3D artist
    • View Profile
I will try that. Its a long walkthrough so I am not sure how well it will work out, but I will render over night and see what I get in the morning.

2012-11-25, 00:02:26
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It is not much view-dependent, unless you push it to limits (walking across several rooms)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-11-25, 00:40:29
Reply #5

airflow

• Active Users
  • 3D artist
    • View Profile
Would just PT not be able to do this in both solver slots?

2012-11-25, 01:01:19
Reply #6

airflow

• Active Users
  • 3D artist
    • View Profile
I am now rendering out nth frames and saving the HC cache. I am not sure what you do once its saved, does the PT get tinergrated into the cache and you can switch that off when rendering finals?
Also is there any way of animating the focus distance in Dof?

2012-11-25, 19:38:01
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Also is there any way of animating the focus distance in Dof?

umm, animate camera target?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-11-25, 23:41:43
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The idea how to do it is:
1) set HD cache to higher quality (tune the settings)
2) render 1 frame from the middle of the animation with "save GI" checked on. A dump of the cache gets created on the disk
3) revert HD cache settings, uncheck save GI, check Load GI.
4) render the whole animation with this settings (and PT+HD as primary/secondary GI)
5) pray it works ;))

I know that is not user-friendly or optimal, interiror animations are currently the biggest unfinished issue of Corona. Hopefully I'll have time to look into it later.

2012-12-05, 23:44:32
Reply #9

airflow

• Active Users
  • 3D artist
    • View Profile
Never worked , still flickers. The only way to do it is to use PT and set it to about 30 mins a frame and leave my pc on for a month.