Author Topic: Extrude (Max)  (Read 4935 times)

2014-09-05, 10:24:39

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is a Max question....

When I extrude.... if I pull left, it goes right along the Y axis. If I pull right, it goes left along the Y axis. Is there a way of swapping this around so it behaves like push/pull in Sketchup?

Is there a way to snap the extruded segment to an object. Please see enclosed pic.

I want to be able to snap the wall segment to the door edge so it's a perfect fit?

2014-09-05, 12:30:18
Reply #1

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Change the coord sys to local?

2014-09-05, 13:00:17
Reply #2

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Change the coord sys to local?

Thanks.... and how do I do that?

2014-09-05, 13:08:52
Reply #3

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-09-05, 14:38:46
Reply #4

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
http://www.3dmax-tutorials.com/idh_tb_coord_sys.html

I had deleted my ref Co-ordinate system from my toolbar... so I coul'nt see it.
I changed it to LOCAL (as you said) but it still pulls in the opposite direction.

2014-09-05, 14:55:51
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Usually when you do arbitrary extrude by hand, extrusion goes in local positive z direction on upward mouse movement and in negative z direction on downward mouse movement. And if you want toplace your extrusion exactly, you should turn snapping on.

p.s. there's a lot much better places to learn 3ds max basics than Corona forum. You can try youtube, for example ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-09-05, 15:19:50
Reply #6

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply.

I have asked for the same info in AREA Forum. No reply....yet.
I always find YouTube troublesome with specific questions.... like finding a needle in a haystack.

This is something the Corona Team need to take on board :)
Because Corona does everything staight out of the box there is no room to discuss tweaking. But, since everyone is a Max user the two go together like bacon and eggs.... it makes sense to go to one place.
What I mean is to create a big user base it would be good for Max+Corona users to be able to go to one place only... instead of having to go from one forum to the next.

Just a thought. Your fourm is beautifully laid out and easy to use... I would rather go to a place that cheers me up....

2014-09-08, 21:32:13
Reply #7

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page

I have asked for the same info in AREA Forum. No reply....yet.
I always find YouTube troublesome with specific questions.... like finding a needle in a haystack.

This is something the Corona Team need to take on board :)
Because Corona does everything staight out of the box there is no room to discuss tweaking. But, since everyone is a Max user the two go together like bacon and eggs.... it makes sense to go to one place.
What I mean is to create a big user base it would be good for Max+Corona users to be able to go to one place only... instead of having to go from one forum to the next.

Just a thought. Your fourm is beautifully laid out and easy to use... I would rather go to a place that cheers me up....

AREA is pretty much dead since they updated their boards/login system, wouldn't use it anymore quite honestly (its what turned me away after being an active user for 2 years).

As per modeling issues, I always find getting advice on online forums is quite hard as either the board isn't populated enough or people are lazy and just don't care to reply. Aside from online tutorials, I suggest finding a good book for reference.

Also while I enjoy the idea of people helping one another out, this is first and foremost a Corona forum, so I don't expect to find help on topics outside of the render engine or render theory here. I'd go to CGSociety, Ronen's board or CG Architect for that stuff.

2014-09-09, 08:39:30
Reply #8

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I noticed that the AREA forum was sparsly populated. Hmmm. And your right about the Corona site needing to be render only. It was just wishful thinking. I rarely get a reply from CG Architect. I will sign up to CGSociety.
Many thanks.

2014-09-09, 16:21:48
Reply #9

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
... I might add that there is another 3D forum for generic support; Maxforums.org which offers a very informal level of support. It's not for suitable everybody though, as they say what they think there.

If this breaks rules here, please delete.

2014-09-09, 19:07:00
Reply #10

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
... I might add that there is another 3D forum for generic support; Maxforums.org which offers a very informal level of support. It's not for suitable everybody though, as they say what they think there.

If this breaks rules here, please delete.

I joined CG Society today. I will give that forum a look too. I don't mind people saying what they think...a famous blogger once said that the internet is a full contact sport.