Author Topic: Texture maps not visible in perspective or camera viewport  (Read 9460 times)

2015-03-12, 22:09:45

prosthotoothist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I love CORONA; however, I have a frustrating situation that I have not been able to resolve.  When I have CORONA 1.00.01 selected as my renderer and use CORONA materials, I can't get them to show in the viewport.  Not being able to see how the maps align with the surfaces of an object means that I can't see how to adjust their position if it is needed.  Here is a "crazy" situation: I have VIZ PARK Walls and Tiles as well as Siger Studio CORONA materials and if I place one of the VP diffuse maps on an object (cube in this case), the map is visible in the viewport.  By the way, the perspective viewport has been changed to a camera viewport.  Just to see what would happen, I used the script to change the material to a CORONA material and it immediately disappeared from the viewport.  I can load any of the Siger Studio materials on the cube and NONE of them have visible maps in the viewport, but the materials render.  I have loaded an Arch & Design material (bricks) in a material slot in the Compact Material Editor and then applied it to the cube.  The map is visible in the viewport.  Then I decided I would use the script to change it to a CORONA material to see what wouild happen, and the map instantly disappeared; however, when I render the scene, the material is there.

At this point, I am totally baffled as to what is going on.  I have the very latest version of all of the programs and the latest daily build of CORONA, so I have no idea if it is a bug in CORONA or an incompatibility issue.  Regardless of the cause, I am getting more frustrated as the days (I mean literally days of working on this) go on.  Can someone suggest what to do?  I will be very grateful if you have a solution.

Regards,

Tom

2015-03-12, 22:21:08
Reply #1

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
There is a button for it

About the converter: Once the script has converted a material, the state of this button is lost. The converter also has a Tool to show diffuse maps in the viewport for all materials in the scene but it's only trying the first level, no nested stuff.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-03-13, 21:50:21
Reply #2

prosthotoothist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
DeadClown,

Thanks for your reply and information.  I have done what you indicated I should do, but there are still materials that will not show in the viewport.  I tried the tool in the Corona converter script and that did not make any difference.  I have made a test scene in which I have a cube and a sphere onto which I have placed various materials while the Interactive render window is open.  I have not completed the test; however, I have discovered that in the group of Stiger Studio Corona materials, none of the glass materials will show in the viewport, but they show up in the Interactive renderer window as I change from one material to another one.  Also, none of the glass materials give access to what you show in the animation (the square with the M in it).  I will continue to investigate different materials to see if I can find a common thread running through the "see it or not see it" situation.

Again, I thank you for your help.

Tom

2015-03-14, 00:53:06
Reply #3

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You should activate the "Show in viewport" switch in the map, don't try to activate it in the material, Corona material does not activate that switch, you should enter in the map and activate it, that is what Deadclown is showing you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

2015-03-14, 17:18:40
Reply #4

prosthotoothist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
juang3d,

I appreciate your reply; however, I am still not sure what you said means.  I am just a novice at using this very complicated program, so could you give me examples of what you have described.  Where do I activate the "Show in viewport" switch in the MAP and how does that differ from activating it in the MATERIAL.  I was just working on a test scene where I applied a Siger Studio Corona car paint color to an object in the scene.  There was no visibility of the color in the viewport, so I clicked on one of the components of the multi-layered color and it took me to a window where there was a box with the M inside.  I clicked on this and the "Show in viewport" icon became available.  I clicked on this and the Max crashed immediately!  Unfortunately, this is an example of the kinds of things I have been experiencing trying to get consistent visibility of maps (materials?) in the viewport.  It seems that there is an infinite number of variables that keep changing and I have no idea of how I can "control" them.  I am certainly open to any further suggestions from anyone especially those who are using Corona 1.0 and the Siger Studio Corona materials.

Thanks,

Tom