Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244757 times)

2015-12-17, 20:59:28
Reply #645

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-12-17, 21:15:03
Reply #646

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
So excited... but when i try to launch installer it gives error message: "The requested operation requires elevation" :/
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-12-17, 21:32:16
Reply #647

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yep, same here, but it installs when I run it as administrator.

Another error pops up after installation (used the unpack only option)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-12-17, 23:40:24
Reply #648

grimm.ghiz

When denoiser comes? after Xmas?

2015-12-18, 00:25:46
Reply #649

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
adaptivity will be added first - probably first thing in 2016
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-12-18, 00:33:45
Reply #650

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
http://clip2net.com/s/3rTybQ5 I'm ok with it just needed to be run with admin rights - but still damn that last windows 10 10586 update first it screwed some of my symlinks\junctions and now it does something strange with my admin rights - why I even trusted Microsoft to make something decent ...

2015-12-18, 00:35:32
Reply #651

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
and they don't tell you what the new windows does before they update. Firewalls arenow in two places so I spent hours trying to figure out why DR was failing.

2015-12-18, 00:52:33
Reply #652

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
V-Ray 3.3 at gfxdomain on the screenshot... oh come on ;)

2015-12-18, 01:20:01
Reply #653

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 Oh shii.... )) Just been lookin' what's new on the front, and it's the easiest way to get to their changelogs or at least I'm more used to looking for updates there )) - and there's is one very interesting new feature in 3.3 - Vray aerial perspective - that's something not unattainable by using vrayFog or corona's Global volume material but it's can probably be way easier to setup with some dedicated one )

2015-12-18, 03:42:53
Reply #654

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

the company I work for bought vray for me at full price, I have used it for 10 years, but Corona convinced me and I switched in one day of testing.
But the new features of 3.3 are cool, I like the true rounding of corners, the new sky model, the new aerial fog (Vray aerial perspective) and several other features. But the thought of going back and tweaking 500 parameters to get rid of the noise freaks me out I can still see plenty of noise in their bottle scene at the beginning of the demo the DOF looks bad. Even if I had free Vray I would rather pay out of pocket (which is what I am doing) for Corona, but I would love to see more architectural animation features related to building environments. I can do any building you want, but I find it hard to build animated clouds, realistic sun, nice fog, mountains in the distance, things to tie the feel of the animation together and make it into a real movie... Also the ram usage in Corona is huge even with proxies, I think because all need to be loaded into memory for rendering. next render farm will be all 32GB or more of ram.

Still seeing a preview at the first pass in 2 seconds after clicking render beats waiting 90 seconds to see Vray previews. yuck = vray.

2015-12-18, 04:31:39
Reply #655

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
that's just really something :D

2015-12-18, 09:34:16
Reply #656

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York

Oh dear...!
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2015-12-18, 09:45:37
Reply #657

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Scenes that already has CoronaCam modifier with sperical projection enabled, has spherical VR enabled too. Not a big deal, just to let you know.

2015-12-18, 11:13:36
Reply #658

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Scenes that already has CoronaCam modifier with sperical projection enabled, has spherical VR enabled too. Not a big deal, just to let you know.

it is set as false by default... that is some serious "wtf 3dsmax" stuff...

2015-12-18, 11:47:16
Reply #659

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hm, maybe you're right, it really looks like 3dsmax wtf™ stuff. If i open scene that contains CoronaCamMod with spherical mode enabled in a brand new max session, spherical VR is off. However, if i create camera add CoronaCamMod enable spherical VR and then open aforementioned scene - VR is enabled here.