Author Topic: Distributed rendering. DR slaves are not rendering texture maps  (Read 6891 times)

2014-08-07, 14:39:57

3DCWalter

• Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Connection
I have set up Corona DR slaves on a number of machines. (Corona a7.1)
DR rendering are working fine on ALL slaves. (ALL machines are Windows 7 PRO 64 and 3ds Max 2015)
BUT when rendering with DR (on the Corona test scene) the local machine renders all textures fine, but as soon as any of the DR slaves send their passes, the textures are missing.

I am ABSOLUTELY SURE that the paths are correct. I have tried both UNC and mapped paths - same result.

I have tried to start the DR render from one of the slaves and back to my Workstation - exactly the same issue, NO textures from the DR slaves?

Anybody have seen this befores... and solved it :-)

Walter

2014-08-15, 10:37:12
Reply #1

KRESAT

• Users
    • View Profile
Same problem...., but solved somehow!! :)

Just copy all textures to Corona/DrServer/drData before rendering

It's not the best solution, but it works :D

2014-08-21, 23:14:12
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
are you using multitexture in the scene?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-08-25, 12:13:35
Reply #3

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Question about DR.
I have 3 computers, one scene with 5 cameras. I want to do a batch render from all cameras.
First image will be done ok.
The second will start to get problems, somehow one or two slaves dont change the camera angle and the image
will be rendered cam1+cam2. Right now at this moment my computers are rendering the second image as normal,
but I erased the VFB (and changed the camera view to no.2 in 3dsmax - I wouldnt believe this would be a problem
in batch rendering...)

Sometimes if I do a DR on a big image I see the image been divided to three rows. They differ by having different
brighnesses. One or two might be normal but then the lowest row is darker.

Any ideas? Anyone have these same problems?

2014-08-28, 18:39:22
Reply #4

TheDavid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am also getting "ghost" images like naikku.
First image is fine but second and next ones have this ghost effect. It seems like slaves are rendering always the first image each frame.
Any solution ? 

2015-04-29, 21:25:01
Reply #5

stevenchman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry to bring back an old thread but was this ever resolved for anyone?  I've been going through every topic I could find about this but this seems to be the same problem I've been having. 

So locally, my slave machines can render using textures from my UNC locations.  If I send renders through Backburner to my DR slaves, they can render with textures fine.  However, if I send through DR, I get the same problem as 3DCWalter - the render becomes washed out.  Checking the EXRs from debugging, the renders from the DR slaves are black where there are meant to be textures.  I've also opened up the temporary max file that is generated through DR and rendered using that file.  The render is fine with textures picked up.

I've checked that my Multitexture version is the same on all machines.  I noticed that my 3Ds Max on my local machine is using SP3, but my DR slaves were not, so I updated to SP3 but that still did not fix the problem.

Any ideas??

2015-04-30, 11:08:15
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,

The problem with DR is that it's very hard to diagnose the problem or re-create it. Here is our general DR guide, if you haven't seen it yet, maybe you will find some useful hints in it:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000501666

I would also suggest trying with newest daily builds:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000501666

And using the newest DrServer.exe:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kgzu0cqy903ygmb/AADUHRNa0uidWeG7SDFryv2Ja/2015-03-24%20DR%20server?dl=0
(just replace the old .exe)

Another option is to try the "collector" script that is described in the DR article - it was reported to help.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-04-30, 15:36:34
Reply #7

stevenchman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Maru.  I'll try these once I get a chance!