Author Topic: VFB Markup Tool (AKA red pen)  (Read 2548 times)

2019-09-12, 12:46:42

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Just had a thought, perhaps already suggested before by someone... how about a simple red pen markup tool within VFB/IR? Happens countless times - set off a render, spot something you need to change, then.. you have to make a note down somehow. Better if we could just scribble a circle around something, or draw lines or whatever. Just something you can turn on/off easily.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2019-09-12, 20:35:49
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
epic pen  ;)
does it on my end

2023-01-10, 21:07:07
Reply #2

l.croxton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey,

This is a feature request that was posted a while back - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26180.msg155852#msg155852

Not sure if it has been suggested since. However I just thought again I would request it. Even if its just a simple "red pen" you can just draw with and it can be toggled on and off with an overlay.

A suggestion in the other thread was Epic Pen, however I am not sure how viable it is, but just in case anyone clicks on this and needs something in the mean time, perhaps that will be useful.

2023-01-10, 22:18:46
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No definite plans yet, but this could be addressed by Chaos Cloud Collaboration, when Chaos Cloud compatibility comes along. The aim of that part of Cloud is to share images easily with clients and allow markup (it already exists, it's just compatibility with Corona that doesn't yet). Presumably marking something in this way would be for when sharing with clients or other team members anyway, right? Or you have some other use in mind for it?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-01-10, 22:54:32
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
This is a feature request that was posted a while back - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26180.msg155852#msg155852

Please do not post duplicate feature requests, or bug reports, it will only makes more mess in the forum. If you want to bump request, just leave reply in original topic. Thanks.

I merged duplicated topics.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-01-11, 00:59:47
Reply #5

l.croxton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh my apologies, will bear that in mind for the future :)

2023-01-11, 01:02:29
Reply #6

l.croxton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No definite plans yet, but this could be addressed by Chaos Cloud Collaboration, when Chaos Cloud compatibility comes along. The aim of that part of Cloud is to share images easily with clients and allow markup (it already exists, it's just compatibility with Corona that doesn't yet). Presumably marking something in this way would be for when sharing with clients or other team members anyway, right? Or you have some other use in mind for it?

Oh cool I wasn't aware of that. Yeah so essentially it would be for those applications as you say, what brought it to my mind was simply looking at the VFB and thinking "I could really do with just marking out on here the bits I need to fix and then go through them 1 by 1" I've done that before but it would be to save the image out, open it in Photoshop and then create a new layer and scribble over it.

2023-01-11, 14:03:40
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Does sound like Cloud Collaboration will fit the bill. Let's see how things progress with Corona 10!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us