Author Topic: corona bitmap cause to saving max file much, much longer  (Read 4846 times)

2019-07-21, 11:28:06

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
while working on the last project I discovered that the file is stored incredibly long with a completely light geometry.

the file size is completely normal and I used all available methods and scripts to clean the scene from
Reactor collisions/Note tracks and etc.
but did not assume that the problem may be in the materials and corona bitmap :))
saving file with regular bitmap 1-2 sec.
saving file with Corona bitmap 40 sec !!!! :)
Simple test with Corona Converter:)))
Corona 4 last release//

« Last Edit: 2019-07-21, 11:54:46 by denisgo22 »

2019-07-22, 09:09:59
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for reporting this. We will definitely check it!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-29, 13:39:04
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Could you possibly send us any scene where this can be observed, with 3ds Max Bitmaps used? So that we would just open it and convert to CBitmap.
The uploader is in my signature.

According to my simple test:
Empty scene - 660 KB
Max Bitmap - 916 KB
Corona Bitmap - 920 KB

So there is some difference, but negligible for such a simple scene.
Also, there is one thing: when you use the converter script, it will actually duplicate the nodes in the material editor. So you will end up with BOTH Max and Corona Bitmaps stored in the scene. Maybe this is causing the issue?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-29, 20:46:49
Reply #3

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, there is one thing: when you use the converter script, it will actually duplicate the nodes in the material editor. So you will end up with BOTH Max and Corona Bitmaps stored in the scene. Maybe this is causing the issue?
I've wondered about this. Is the only way to purge the unused materials is to make sure they're not assigned and "clear view" in the material editor?

2019-07-30, 19:35:47
Reply #4

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could you possibly send us any scene where this can be observed, with 3ds Max Bitmaps used? So that we would just open it and convert to CBitmap.
The uploader is in my signature.

According to my simple test:
Empty scene - 660 KB
Max Bitmap - 916 KB
Corona Bitmap - 920 KB

So there is some difference, but negligible for such a simple scene.

all tests are made in clear max scene file with clear mat editor/
time of saving file directly depends of the amount of materials with Corona Bitmap in scene/I think depends progressively.
More materials with Corona Bitmap, longer saving time/if you experiment with only one material there won't be much difference:)
max 2017/Corona 4

I unloaded my scene on private uploader/

name: denisgo
Link to forum: Topic: corona bitmap cause to saving max file much, much longer/
thanks