Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1094672 times)

2015-09-08, 10:11:04
Reply #705

tomasz.zero

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How can I convert lights...? It doesn't work for me. Just nothing happened, when I try to do that.. I'm converting from Scanline photometric IESes and Directional lights. Maps converted properly. Anyone can help?

2015-09-08, 10:14:21
Reply #706

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Simple lights like directional/omni etc only change the shadow type from anything non-corona to CoronaShadows.
Only lights with an area or volume are changed to a to a CoronaLight source.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-09-08, 10:17:58
Reply #707

tomasz.zero

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ohhh, that's a pity. Standard/Photometric lights with corona shadows doesn't work properly for me... There are some problems with luminous flux, distribution etc. It looks much different (and not correct for sure) than same ieses with corona lights...

2015-09-08, 13:48:23
Reply #708

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ohhh, that's a pity. Standard/Photometric lights with corona shadows doesn't work properly for me... There are some problems with luminous flux, distribution etc. It looks much different (and not correct for sure) than same ieses with corona lights...

I had the same problem with standard photometric lights using IES files.  The luminous output was incorrect and it looked like all lights were turned off.  A Corona light with the same luminous output and same IES file rendered correctly.
i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10

2015-09-09, 11:01:22
Reply #709

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi Martin,
i'm using your macroscript launcher which is very convenient way to start CMLC, but recently i noticed that it always launches v1.09 despite the fact that there is v1.16 available in Corona renderer folder. What could cause this?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-09-09, 11:27:44
Reply #710

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I'm not quite sure what you mean but it sounds more like a Corona problem than a converter problem. Could you elaborate a bit more on the differences between corona ies and photometric?

Hi Martin,
i'm using your macroscript launcher which is very convenient way to start CMLC, but recently i noticed that it always launches v1.09 despite the fact that there is v1.16 available in Corona renderer folder. What could cause this?
Hm... you probably have 2 competing macroscripts definitions - the one I did a while ago for users to optionally install, and the one that is installed automatically with the latest corona version. If you delete the one you downloaded from the website and restart max it should take the one that was installed automatically... hopefully :D

2015-09-09, 12:13:53
Reply #711

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You're right. Didn't know that it is now installed automatically with Corona. However if i delete macroscript that was installed manually it still doesn't want to pick up v1.16. I had put more converter versions into scripts/CoronaRenderer folder and now macroscript launches v1.15 version and just ignoring v1.16. Will try to redownload it from your website - maybe it got corrupted somehow.

Edit: no, it still doesn't want to pick up v1.16. However i found that there is v1.17 available and macroscript launches it with no problems. Don't know what's wrong with v1.16.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-09, 12:18:52 by romullus »

2015-09-09, 12:22:33
Reply #712

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hmm... now that's weird O_o . You you post the exact filenames of 1.16 and 1.17 ?

2015-09-09, 12:29:13
Reply #713

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, file naming was a problem! V1.16 is starting with capital letter while other versions don't. As soon as i renamed file, macroscript picks v1.16 without problems. Thank you!

edit: i'll use v1.17 anyway :]

2015-09-09, 14:41:22
Reply #714

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
FOLLOWING SCRIPT IS ONLY WORKING WITH DAILY BUILDS!
Get it here: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

changelog:
v1.18 - [2015/09/09]
  • changed round corners conversion for Arch___Design__mi, fR_Architectural to new CoronaRoundEdges texturemap
  • added support for additional bump mapping in NormalBump -> CoronaNormal texture conversion

2015-09-14, 19:52:21
Reply #715

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Glass colored with "Gradient Ramp" in the "Fog Color" does not get converted to "Absorption".
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2015-09-16, 03:33:01
Reply #716

oompaloompa

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I'm just starting out with Corona and loving the results.  I'm using 3dsmax 2014 SP1,  Corona 1.2.1 and the Corona Converter Script v1.16.  I have found that it doesn't convert VRayFastSSS2 "overall color" slot.  I did read on this forum that it's meant to convert the "overall color" slot for v1.13 - any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

Jeremy

2015-09-16, 09:59:37
Reply #717

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Glass colored with "Gradient Ramp" in the "Fog Color" does not get converted to "Absorption".
I'll have a look at it, thanks for reporting :)

I have found that it doesn't convert VRayFastSSS2 "overall color" slot.  I did read on this forum that it's meant to convert the "overall color" slot for v1.13 - any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
I'm not sure what is being converted and what not (out of memory), but FastSSS/2 is a tricky thing without having a dedicated Corona Skin shader, so I guess I decided to not include it for some reason. But maybe I just forgot it ;) I'll have a look :)

2015-09-17, 01:54:11
Reply #718

oompaloompa

• Users
    • View Profile
That would be great - I'm kean to get Corona in our PipeLine!

2015-09-17, 12:00:35
Reply #719

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I have found that it doesn't convert VRayFastSSS2 "overall color" slot.

Ok, I had a look and the problem is that there is A) a diffuse color (supported) and B) the overall color (not supported).
I'm converting the diffuse color (sind that is something we have in the CoronaMtl) but I don't know how I should implement the conversion of the overall Color settings. From the Vray documentation:
overall color - controls the overall coloration for the material. This color serves as a filter for both the diffuse and the sub-surface component.
So it's a filter applied to both the diffuse and the sss colors. I don't see a solid (reliable) way of implementing this into the conversion, but I'm open for suggestions =/