Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088410 times)

2015-01-02, 21:39:28
Reply #405

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Ice_Juice: You're right, I will change the conversion to make the MR_lights standard directional/omni lights :)
About the mental ray materials: there are so many different shaders for the mr mtl, with so many different behaviors, an automatic conversion doesn't make sense to me (and would be a tremendous amount of work too)

@Black Sun
I will not do a Vray to Standard mtl converter. It's not the purpose of this converter and it's not adding anything that a lot of people would use (actually, I believe you'd be the only one).

About the interface, I'm thinking about it but I didn't have a good idea for a solution yet =/

About a notification when the conversion is done: Normally the button keeps being "pressed" until the conversion is done (in my case it's blue when it's pressed). For most conversions it only takes a second. It may take a bit longer in very heavy scenes, but that's seldom. You can easily see when the converter is done if you look in the left bottom corner (the white field). It prints "Conversion done."

Deadclown... I have enclosed a converter pic from a company called Motva. I like the simplicity of this layout... but only you know how best to set it out. It should be on your New Years list to do :)

I understand that Corona mats offer more.... but today I opened the additional parameters in the Slate Editor and I said WTF is all this stuff.
What does it mean? And how can I use it? I got both excited with having to learn new stuff and angry cos there is zippo info explaining
what all this stuff does. Hence my wish to stick with Standard mats and regular shaders.

If you know any links that explain Corona Mats I would be grateful :)

2015-01-07, 23:52:59
Reply #406

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Deadclown, I know.  My request doesn't  refer  on your converter. Maybe it can be called "Proxy utility".
Do you think in the possibility to create a section where we are able to change proxy properties fro selected object or for the entire scene?
It can be very useful to increase or decrease FPS in viewport.

Thanks!

2015-01-08, 11:35:13
Reply #407

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I'd suggest to file that request in the proxy converter thread. I find it more logical to implement such a thing there.
Until then you can use these little code snippets to change properties on all/selected proxies:

Selection:
Code: [Select]
for i in selection where classof i == CoronaProxy do i.pointcloudDensity = 15.0
whole scene:
for i in objects where classof i == CoronaProxy do i.pointcloudDensity = 15.0
You can use the macrorecorder for these types of things and just look at the property name and use it with my code snippets

example for changing display mode to pointcloud:
for i in objects where classof i == CoronaProxy do i.previzType = 2
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-01-08, 16:16:06
Reply #408

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2015-01-12, 12:48:58
Reply #409

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Emm. I think something is wrong with latest build. It doesn't appear bitmap to material. Especially after converting from vray materials.

2015-01-12, 13:07:49
Reply #410

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
The material converter is not working with the latest build(s). You will notice that all map amounts are between 0 and 1 but should NOW be between 0 to 100 (except for bump I guess). I will fix it as soon as I can.

2015-01-12, 13:43:16
Reply #411

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
The material converter is not working with the latest build(s). You will notice that all map amounts are between 0 and 1 but should NOW be between 0 to 100 (except for bump I guess). I will fix it as soon as I can.
oh. that's the reason..ok)

2015-01-12, 14:29:49
Reply #412

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

oh please oh please fix very soon!

Your script literally is the difference between corona daily being useful in production or not!   <3  pleeeaaaase!

2015-01-13, 10:57:40
Reply #413

anoy21

• Users
    • View Profile
hi guys, can you help me how to install Corona Material Converter or how it is work vray to corona materilas?

thanks guys.

2015-01-13, 22:04:08
Reply #414

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Here you go:
Make sure you use the latest (todays) build.

FOLLOWING SCRIPT IS ONLY WORKING WITH DAILY BUILDS!
I've updated the download page (Link), the daily builds are now hosted there too :)

changelog:
*v0.29_dailyBuilds
  • added option to convert miAreaLight and miAreaLightomni to either Standard or CoronaLights
  • "undefined" bitmap fix for Autodesk_Map
  • mrSkyPortals with custom color source will now be converted to CoronaLights
  • added converterTools.version() maxscript function
  • removed energy-conservation tool, added new legacy switch tool
  • removed BSDF conversion
  • changed mapAmount properties from 0-1 to 0-100 range (excluding bump)
  • fixed VrayMtl refraction IOR conversion
  • disabled CoronaNormal gamma conversion, CoronaNormal texture maps now work on 1.0 input

hi guys, can you help me how to install Corona Material Converter or how it is work vray to corona materilas?
you can either use the menu (Maxscript -> Run Script -> select the scriptfile) or simply drag & drop the scriptfile into a viewport. You could also uncomment the first 2 lines in the file (remove the --), drop it into your macroscripts folder and use it with a button if you prefer.

2015-01-14, 16:42:25
Reply #415

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Here you go:
Make sure you use the latest (todays) build.

I've updated the download page (Link), the daily builds are now hosted there too :)

changelog:
*v0.29_dailyBuilds
  • added option to convert miAreaLight and miAreaLightomni to either Standard or CoronaLights
  • "undefined" bitmap fix for Autodesk_Map
  • mrSkyPortals with custom color source will now be converted to CoronaLights
  • added converterTools.version() maxscript function
  • removed energy-conservation tool, added new legacy switch tool
  • removed BSDF conversion
  • changed mapAmount properties from 0-1 to 0-100 range (excluding bump)
  • fixed VrayMtl refraction IOR conversion
  • disabled CoronaNormal gamma conversion, CoronaNormal texture maps now work on 1.0 input

you can either use the menu (Maxscript -> Run Script -> select the scriptfile) or simply drag & drop the scriptfile into a viewport. You could also uncomment the first 2 lines in the file (remove the --), drop it into your macroscripts folder and use it with a button if you prefer.

Champion!!

2015-01-14, 18:51:19
Reply #416

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your effort. I use it every day.

2015-01-14, 19:32:01
Reply #417

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
getting error with latest daily build..

2015-01-14, 20:46:54
Reply #418

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks for reporting Dollmaker. Fixed version is up:

Get it here: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

changelog:
*v0.30_dailyBuilds
  • fixed conversions to CoronaColor classes

2015-01-14, 21:43:27
Reply #419

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
In older versions there was a checkbox for just the selection , but in new versions it seems it takes more time, is it always "converting " all the scene?
Any way to just convert the selection again??