Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1094596 times)

2014-02-28, 10:24:55
Reply #195

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ior value of 999 means that fresnel reflection was disabled in the original VrayMtl. It's corona's way to disable fresnel reflections.
Reflection color should be mapped 1:1. If it's not the case and it has not been converted properly please post a matlib here with the original and the converted materials in it :)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-02-28, 10:58:42
Reply #196

MPVIS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MPVIS
I've just checked it and you are right, frosnel is turned off in those Vray materials. Is it possible to make it converting no fresnel to IOR 1.0 or default 1.6 or it is not correct this way? Sorry to bother you

2014-02-28, 11:14:46
Reply #197

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I've had this question about ior 999 several times in the last couple of months and I thought about doing it different but the point is: it is correct the way it's done right now. It is not the most pretty solution but it is the most reliable.
I could write a condition which skips conversion if the reflection color is black AND fresnel is off AND the ior is at vray's default AND no maps are used AND/OR maps are used but disabled AND refraction ior lock [...], but I don't really like that idea because it's not adding any functionality (material renders exactly the same) and is more prone to logical errors.

2014-02-28, 17:22:02
Reply #198

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I found a way to convert all those hundreds of Autodesk Materials but I don't have any scene here to test it (some autocad export or something "real life"). If someone would like to contribute some testing environment I'd be very happy (and return a working script of course :P)

2014-02-28, 22:53:16
Reply #199

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, implemented. Someone will have to send me some scene to test it or I cannot guarantee anything ;) Those Autodesk materials are so.... autodesk. I don't like them. I made big fat warning messagebox for everyone who uses these in his scene :D

Anyways, if anyone wants to help improve it send me a PM with a max file or a request for the daily builds converter version :)

2014-03-02, 11:36:31
Reply #200

matador75

• Users
    • View Profile
Based on Vray's Scene Converter;
modified/written by Martin Geupel (http://www.racoon-artworks.de)
VrayCompTex conversion by gover_gol (http://www.gg3dcg.ru)
Feel free to modify Material conversion functions for your needs.
You can also expand the Script in any way you like,
just please leave the original script header untouched.

The Script will be continuously updated. You will find the latest versions and the changelog at the page linked below.

To Download the latest Script versions click here:
> > Corona Material Converter

_________________________________________________________________________________________
how can i convert my vray project to corona ???

2014-03-02, 11:52:09
Reply #201

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
just click the "Start converting" button  O_o

2014-03-02, 14:47:49
Reply #202

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
So bizarre.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-03-02, 15:12:30
Reply #203

jjduncs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • thevisualworkshop
You should really implement a more self explanatory button.

2014-03-04, 12:16:31
Reply #204

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
Hello
In new CONVERTER script (0.15) i found that EVERY material (vray material) with DISPLACEMENT, after conversion to CORONA material has displacement TURNED ON and amount is from 0 to 254. This option is totally crashing all my scenes, because after i hit render i'm getting huge furnitures with totally crap size of displacement - every model is resized circa about 254 cm and is filling all camera space with this amount of displacement...Carpets are huuuuge:) is possible to add option to script to TURN ON or TURN OFF displacement in materials or some possibility to set of min and max amount od displacement in script?
Thank you in advance
Krzysztof Czerwinski

2014-03-04, 12:34:23
Reply #205

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
In new CONVERTER script (0.15) i found that EVERY material (vray material) with DISPLACEMENT, after conversion to CORONA material has displacement TURNED ON and amount is from 0 to 254.

If it's turned on in the original VrayMtl it's also turned on in the resulting CoronaMtl ;-) There is no other way to disable displacement but switching off the displacement texture. I also cannot convert Vrays material displacement amount to corona since (if..) Vray displacement is set to "relative to bbox" (by default) in the rendersettings and it does not make any sense whatsoever to try to make a useful guess about what it would be in centimeters for the corona material. So the only real useful idea would be to clamp the max level to some lower value - but I would suggest to ask keymaster for that, doesn't seem to be a good default anyways. I'd go for 5 cm or something.
So, I understand your problem and I will think about adding some displacement options (max level, global on/off) - but still, a less intense default would help a lot.

2014-03-04, 13:15:07
Reply #206

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
But i have probably 20-25 materials in scene with displacement turned ON, and some of them are made by other people (models  taken from commercial collections). No i have to find ALL of them, and click by clik turn off displacement or change max amount...I spent 2 hours to find ALL materials in my scene (materials with displacement turned on)...it's annoying :(

2014-03-04, 13:19:45
Reply #207

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yes, sure, as I said, I'll most likely add an option to turn them off in the converter.

For now you can use this little maxscript snippet to turn off all displacement maps in the whole scene
Code: [Select]
for mat in (getclassinstances CoronaMtl) do mat.texmapOnDisplace = off

2014-03-05, 04:37:20
Reply #208

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-03-05, 09:53:39
Reply #209

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
It is not yet public because it requires the daily builds. If you are using daily builds and want to test it you can drop me a PM :)