Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1100772 times)

2015-01-16, 11:02:24
Reply #435

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Now I got a long list of "-- No ""get"" function for undefined". I´ve attached a txt-file that I generated.

I seem to try to convert weird stuff :D

2015-01-16, 11:15:32
Reply #436

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
hmm.. well, I fear that log is not helpful :( I have to extend the error log with additional information. Do you by any chance have any idea what didn't get converted?
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-01-16, 11:37:53
Reply #437

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, some regular VRayMtls and some VrayMtls connected to a regular BlendMtl, seems to be random materials?

2015-01-16, 12:01:57
Reply #438

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Would you mind sending me the materials again? I think I know what the problem is but I don't know where ;)

2015-01-16, 13:42:03
Reply #440

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Martin
as requested by your script, see attachment

2015-01-17, 13:02:46
Reply #441

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Fixed a nasty bug when Slate was used as material editor. Thanks goes to daniel.reutersward and belly for reporting and multiple test rounds ;)

FOLLOWING SCRIPT IS ONLY WORKING WITH DAILY BUILDS!
Get it here: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

changelog:
*v0.33_dailyBuilds
  • fixed: conversion of VrayMtl sometimes failed when Slate material editor was used

2015-01-17, 21:37:38
Reply #442

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
DeadClown rocks even though he is dead :D

2015-01-19, 01:25:56
Reply #443

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Got an error with 0.33  :)

2015-01-19, 10:56:52
Reply #444

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
hmmm.. there are some odd things about that:
- the "multiplier in CoronaLightMtl" bug was fixed in 0.32, there is no multiplier anymore in v.32 and up.
- I added a new errorMessage routine, also in 0.32, which catches these kind of errors and won't popup that kind of message boxes
- the scriptwindow in the back highlights a line of code of the "fR Architectural Material"-conversion function?

My best guess is that you are not using v0.33 but some older version. You've probably overwritten the script file but since the script editor has drag&drop scripts open, I guess you haven't been replacing these.

2015-01-19, 16:40:11
Reply #445

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
@deadclown Request: Is there any chance that we will see a similar script converting Vray to Corona for maya? 

2015-01-19, 16:57:57
Reply #446

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Maybe, I don't know :D . Not from me because I don't have any maya knowledge..

2015-01-19, 17:47:12
Reply #447

Dollmaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I will check on it again thanks.. :)

2015-01-21, 15:47:49
Reply #448

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I must be absolutely dumb, but will rather ask to speed up my problem solving:

Downloaded, edited in notepad, saved as macro, and put into Macroscript. Everything as usual. But it didn't replace the 0.28 which I think I had deleted, or perhaps not but can't find anything with that name in Macro folder.
Thus I can't use it in Max as toolbar button, because it still reads the former version. The new 0.33 is also the only 2015 file in the folder...

I am lost. Any chance how was the 0.28 script called ? Or is there something different I am doing wrong ?

Edit: Got it, the former (0.28) macro was somehow in "C:\Users\Juraj\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMaxDesign\2015 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros" I don't know how it got there...

Now should I replace that one with new ? Or delete than one and place the new in regular macro folder ?

Edit2: Ok, simply deleting the one in UserMacros in AppData (which seems to take priority), made it read the one in root 3dsMax folder (Macro subfolder). Did it migrate there at some occasion ?

« Last Edit: 2015-01-21, 15:55:34 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-21, 16:14:55
Reply #449

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yes, the 3dsmax script/user content handling is a bit weird. In older max versions you were simply placing it in the usermacros/usermacros/whatever in your max folder. But later when windows introduced rights management they had to move that kind of stuff to your "user" folder. You can still use both ways but the order in which the scripts are loaded is important. Afaik, scripts in the user folder are loaded last, so everything that is in there overwrites the other ones.
If you run (maxscript menu -> run script) a macroscript it will be placed in the user folder. I'm not sure but I think I had some occasions where scripts also got moved (or copied) from the max folder to user folder.