Author Topic: Corona 8 license not found by ec2 instances  (Read 1384 times)

2022-07-19, 14:21:49

PsychoBoyJack

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
So i created an AMI from a deadline empty windows template where i installed max and corona 8 .
I set up the license server by clicking "open license server" in the system tab and logging into my online account (username psswd)
saved AMI after .

Now the spot instances don't find the license when i start them. Looks like the setting is lost .

Any idea how i could do to make them remember the license settings ?

Thanks

2022-07-19, 14:37:59
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Could you please explain a little bit more about what you are doing?
I am not familiar with these terms, sorry:

created an AMI from a deadline empty windows template

saved AMI

spot instances

I am guessing your are setting up some virtual machines rather than physical computer. If that's the case, can we assume that it should work in a similar way as setting up Corona on multiple physical computers?
If so, can you please let me know on how many computers you need to activate Corona?
Also, can you share your registered email address with me? (via a private message)

I would like to check whether this is something like "there is a license but Corona does not see it for some reason" or maybe "not enough available licenses".

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-07-19, 14:50:30
Reply #2

PsychoBoyJack

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for answering.

I'm setting up an amazon machine (ec2 instance) with the software i need. After this, aws can use this "image" and duplicate it on as many slaves as needed.

thinkbox deadline tells amazon how many slaves it needs to render an animation for example.

The problem is the corona license settings are not kept during the creation of additional slaves (they are created from the "image" i provided them).

Just found this https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/5614248365713 and im actually trying this to see if it helps.

thanks

check your pms for mail

« Last Edit: 2022-07-19, 15:08:10 by PsychoBoyJack »

2022-07-19, 15:22:54
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes, an edited vrlclient.xml file should help here. If you continue to have some trouble with it, please submit a new ticket at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and we will involve a technical team.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us