Author Topic: Creating animatics (captain obviosus recomendations)  (Read 3587 times)

2014-11-04, 18:47:42

jetcrow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Average time to render 1 frame in complex scene from 3dsmax window can take about 30 sec - 1 min and of course its flicking as hell. just render 1 or 2 passes in corona for the same time or faster and denoise it in any PP software. Clients violently happy, they can achieve and understand a lot more that it was before corona )

2014-11-04, 22:48:23
Reply #1

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-11-04, 22:57:59
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I've read this 5 times until I understood what it meant :- )

Actually, I thought of doing this, I never understood why rendering the fucking viewport in shaded view in 3dsMax takes so long and flickers like hell. Fully rendered scene in cry engine/ unreal moves 1000x faster.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-11-05, 02:35:51
Reply #3

Hamburger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"violently happy"

I'd hate to see the clients when they get mad! :)

Yes, it is an excellent way to create preview renders and see any potential shader/clipping/lighting errors etc that you cannot see in viewport..
Maya 2016
Windows 10

2014-11-05, 19:42:30
Reply #4

jetcrow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Um, you're welcome?
OOopps )) I dont mean you personaly :) But.. why not ))

2014-11-06, 17:33:16
Reply #5

CJI

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah the shaded viewport is terrible for flickering. If you turn on clipping plane in the camera it sometimes works to stop/reduce this. Although I like the idea of this Corona method better, if you really went nuts on the de-noise I think the smoothness would almost look painterly :D

2014-11-06, 18:29:47
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yeah the shaded viewport is terrible for flickering. If you turn on clipping plane in the camera it sometimes works to stop/reduce this. Although I like the idea of this Corona method better, if you really went nuts on the de-noise I think the smoothness would almost look painterly :D

Almost any denoising looks painterly to me :- D I can't stand the effect.

It's tough choice:

Viewport gives me clean anti-aliasing, proper shapes and textures being visible, but with no (or incorrect) light and flickering. It also takes some time to even generate those views, I am baffled like why.
Quick-pass render shows final look in not final quality.

I wonder how my clients would react, but if Yetcrows became "violently happy" ,it's something worth trying :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!