Author Topic: Interior in Corona C4D- And some questions.  (Read 6101 times)

2015-03-16, 16:33:50

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, so first time trying Corona for C4D, I come from VrayforC4D.  It's impressive the quality you can get straight out of the renderer, but I have one issue. There's this noise that I can't really clean up without losing a lot of texture, I applied a heavy noise reduction on these images otherwise they wouldn't work for me, I'll post them without any post production in the comments. I used a few Josef bsharah objects and evermotion textures.

In the third one you can clearly see some weird highlight artifact in the concrete wall in the back.

Any idea how to remove this inside the renderer ?

2015-03-16, 16:40:06
Reply #1

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OK here are the images without any post production.
In the third one you can clearly see some weird artifacts in the concrete wall in te back, and also in the wooden table in the foreground.

2015-03-16, 18:07:54
Reply #2

quadrays

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Use PT + UHD / HD Cache.
Use Corona Ray Switch materials to avoid caustics emitting from reflective materials.
Turn off caustics for simple glass materials.
Replace Corona DOF with Z-Depth map and calculate DOF with Frischluft Lenscare/DOF Pro. DOF Pro calculates DOF much better than Frischluft. Frischluft is quick.
Use Corona Portal materials to optimize raytracing calculations to reduce noise.

2015-03-17, 09:15:46
Reply #3

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Use PT + UHD / HD Cache.
Use Corona Ray Switch materials to avoid caustics emitting from reflective materials.
Turn off caustics for simple glass materials.
Replace Corona DOF with Z-Depth map and calculate DOF with Frischluft Lenscare/DOF Pro. DOF Pro calculates DOF much better than Frischluft. Frischluft is quick.
Use Corona Portal materials to optimize raytracing calculations to reduce noise.

He can't use portals or UHD because we C4D users are still waiting for those features.

But I would also suggest checking for PT + HD Cache and using "thin glass" (option in refraction channel) for the windows.
Imho the DoF looks okay, you probably are aware that it adds to the render time anyways, so if you would do that in post, the noise could clear up faster. :-)
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2015-03-17, 16:52:57
Reply #4

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you both for your answers.
Since I'm new to Corona I don't really know exactly what those options mean, but I do have selected Path tracing and HD cache as Primary and secondary solvers in render options. What does the UHD option do?
-Caustics in my materials are off.
-I didn't use any glass surface in my windows, just the opening, it added way to much noise to the render, but next time I need the reflections in the windows I'll try the "thin" glass option.
- I'm used to do zdepth passes in VrayforC4D for simulating DOF, but I'm not sure how to do that in Corona C4D?

Thanks again!.

2015-03-18, 08:08:34
Reply #5

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you both for your answers.
Since I'm new to Corona I don't really know exactly what those options mean, but I do have selected Path tracing and HD cache as Primary and secondary solvers in render options. What does the UHD option do?
-Caustics in my materials are off.
-I didn't use any glass surface in my windows, just the opening, it added way to much noise to the render, but next time I need the reflections in the windows I'll try the "thin" glass option.
- I'm used to do zdepth passes in VrayforC4D for simulating DOF, but I'm not sure how to do that in Corona C4D?

Thanks again!.

As far as i know is the UHD an updated version of HD-Cache wich works better with simulations (no flickering).

Again, as far as i know, we do not have the option for any additional passes in Corona for C4D yet, so it won't be easy to create a Z-Depth map.
Did you try to render your scene without any DoF, just to see what those fireflies look like totally sharp?

Also what are your render times / system specs?

2015-03-18, 14:01:10
Reply #6

arqpv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You know, I should have written the render times down!!. Damn. but it was like an 1 1/2 for the first one, and like 4-5 hours for the other two renders. Since they had a lot more blurred areas, that's what I think made them slower.
My rig is an i7 3930k hexacore/12 thread processor, Corsair 32gb 1600mhz ddr3, and a Samsung 250gb ssd as my main drive.

I'll try rendering the scene without dof and see how it looks.

2015-03-18, 14:06:39
Reply #7

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You know, I should have written the render times down!!. Damn. but it was like an 1 1/2 for the first one, and like 4-5 hours for the other two renders. Since they had a lot more blurred areas, that's what I think made them slower.
My rig is an i7 3930k hexacore/12 thread processor, Corsair 32gb 1600mhz ddr3, and a Samsung 250gb ssd as my main drive.

I'll try rendering the scene without dof and see how it looks.

If you don't mind sacrificing a small area of your render, you could turn on the render-stamp (Render Settings - Corona - VFB settings), so everyone could see the render's specs.

Looking forward to those renders!