Author Topic: CRITICAL SPEED ISSUE WITH APPLE M SYSTEMS  (Read 10347 times)

2024-02-08, 10:06:06
Reply #90

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So sad to see that nothing is still solved, seems like Corona does not care about Mac users at all. I really do not want to migrate to PC after 12 years... can anyone let us know, there is something being done about this issue? M chips are super fast for anything from 2d graphics to video editing,  seems bit weird they would be THAT bad for rendering. Worse than 4+ years old Intels...

Look - I've worked professionally on macs for over 25 years - and it would be handy to do everything on one machine.

But you need to face the facts and use the right tool for the job - and for anyone who renders a lot with either GPU or CPU engines, that is a PC. And it has been for at least a decade.

Being disappointed with Corona will make zero difference to this.

2024-02-09, 11:58:20
Reply #91

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, my message from last year is still valid :)

What we need is simple:
- a sample scene (archived with all textures and other assets)
- the render time you are getting
- your exact hardware
- your version of Corona and C4D
- if you wish, you can also include a comparison with other hardware
- any other relevant information such as render stats are welcome, for more information on how to correctly prepare reports, see: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4648898278545

We need this as a support ticket sent here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-02-09, 16:10:15
Reply #92

ASIMO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, my message from last year is still valid :)

What we need is simple:
- a sample scene (archived with all textures and other assets)
- the render time you are getting
- your exact hardware
- your version of Corona and C4D
- if you wish, you can also include a comparison with other hardware
- any other relevant information such as render stats are welcome, for more information on how to correctly prepare reports, see: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4648898278545

We need this as a support ticket sent here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Dear Maru

I am sorry. But your message from last year seems not valid.

I opened this thread with a sample scene for everyone to download, to test and post results.

A lot of results and observations have already been posted, clearly pointing out the issue. All documented and discussed by kind users on over 7 pages of this thread.

Besides that. I got in contact with CHAOS and I precisely followed all instructions to hand in a proper scene and opened a Support Ticket on Oct. 23rd 2023.

Benjamin Rosas from CHAOS kindly replied and stated, that you are already investigating on this. Please see ID #166297
_

For my part this issue took over 30 hours of personal investigations and tests. I am still suffering from the speed-issues as CoronaRender is not working properly with Apple M Systems.

The only way is to workaround the Bitmap issue for each project and re-organizing most of my materials and scenes.

Besides paying for CoronaRender (with a 500% slowdown) I also have to pay for all my additional investigations. It is time, (render-time) and energy I loose in my professional business.

So it would be very welcome and encouraging to at least have an official statement what exactly causes this issue and if there is a strategy on how to solve it ?

Maybe it can not be solved ? Fair enough. At least we can decide, if working on Mac makes sense in the future together with CHAOS.

I like to help. But it is your very job to provide a product that properly works with systems, you are selling it for.

Best – ASIMO

2024-02-09, 16:15:13
Reply #93

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi ASIMO, please do not take my message personally. You have definitely provided us with enough information and we appreciate it! We have your sample scene tested and properly reported for our dev team. Unfortunately, at this point we don't have any new findings (or at least nothing that we could share with you, like a definite cause or solution), so the best thing other users can do is provide us with additional scenes, their hardware specification, and the results they are getting.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-02-19, 10:54:59
Reply #94

ASIMO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dear Maru

Thank you for your response and your statement. I can set up and provide an additional and more simple scene. Maybe this helps to figure out things more easily.

I will post it soon.

Thank you for your efforts !

ASIMO

2024-03-27, 11:12:12
Reply #95

Beck

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello

Both testrenders from another M2 user:
C4D  R25.117
Corona 11 (Build 29.11.23)

2024-03-27, 11:24:09
Reply #96

frv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
20 minutes seems a bit off since an m1 renders it in 12.

2024-03-27, 11:41:52
Reply #97

Beck

• Active Users
    • View Profile
20 minutes seems a bit off since an m1 renders it in 12.

But a M1 Ultra (two M1) not a M2 Max (one M2), so this should be what is to be expected i think.
M2 Ultra should be 10:10min then...
Correct me if i am wrong.

edit: (test from asimo)
I rendered it on both my Mac Studio M2 Ultra...
Mac Studio: 10:19
« Last Edit: 2024-03-27, 11:47:39 by Beck »

2024-03-31, 22:53:51
Reply #98

frv

• Active Users
    • View Profile