Author Topic: Bright pixels with glossy materials  (Read 2340 times)

2015-03-01, 10:42:40

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Hey guys,

just can't get rid of this problem here. I've rendered my GTR with a HDRI and CoronaSun @ 6k resolution with almost stock rendersettings.

The most annoying thing is not only the bright pixels itself, i need a technique where the bright sun should also be sampled smooth. The headlights for example does look horrible with that bad AntiAliasing from the sun reflections. Also i can't render with internal resolution set to 2 @ 6k... that would be sick.

Thanks.

2020-11-02, 07:47:56
Reply #1

Ivan Snake

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello, have you found a solution?  Because i have the same problem

2020-11-02, 10:09:13
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
@Ivan Snake, if you have some issue with your rendering, it would be more reasonable to create new topic and provide more information on your issue (including pictures and screenshots), than trying to resurect several years old topics, which contains no actual information.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-11-02, 15:28:43
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Which version of Corona is this? It looks extremely old. The newer versions have better anti-aliasing, for example thanks to the new blue noise random sampler and the high quality image sampler (both are enabled by default).
Other than that, you can try: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000006462
However that will clamp any highlights, so you will lose dynamic range (e.g. if you want to edit your image in post).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-11-02, 23:35:54
Reply #4

Ivan Snake

• Users
    • View Profile
It's all good, I found the solution.