Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 113268 times)

2016-09-27, 05:13:17
Reply #555

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Its a very cool feature. Im getting some renders pretty much coming out as i photoshop them which is great.

Im getting the multiple lightmixer applies to every lightmixer effect as well. on the 27/9 build.
be great to have a variety of outcomes available using multiple lightmix channels
Be nice to also not have bloom glare process on the channel as an option as well, so we can post the effect.

With more control heading to the frame buffer could i point out the power of the lightroom control panel.
The thing i want most is a shadow light booster. The env multiplier in Mixer kinda does that but a shadow adjustment like highlight compress would be great

I make heavy use of the RGB curve, black / white level and highlight recovery and shadow boost adjustment as well as shoving colour luminance and saturation sliders around to grade the image. Be good to get the luminance power of LR and the colour tools would just be swell tooo...........

2016-09-27, 14:37:47
Reply #556

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Any thoughts on whether the LightSelect elements should have Apply denoising on by default? Personally I'll likely be switching that on in every case :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-09-27, 16:22:19
Reply #557

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
"Added save/load functionality to the lightmix tab" - well, that's definitely a good start )) Tested it a little, well, it makes life easier already, still, I think, it could benefit from a few things if it is possible to add\make those :

1 - Post settings should be saved along with the lighmix's presets - exposure, tonemapping and no less important white balance temperature. To alleviate the possibility of differences in brightness and sampling in different renders of the same scene, Corona should probably ignore the settings of exposure and tonemapping saved\active for lightmix element while doing it's initial pre render MSI stuff, and only use the ones' set up for beauty pass or more specifically in render setup or camera mods. How to do that ? I'm not entirely sure but maybe loading those presets only when lightmix element is active\selected in vfb could work. Probably Corona does that already but, for now, post setting are not saveable\loadable so it can be a big thing if you decide to add this functionality - imagine the difference in sampling when one accidentally renders the scene set up for a daylight with a night lighting preset active - that could be a mess when one changes it back to daylight during or after the render, so this thought crossed my mind and I decided to share it too ))

2 - Perhaps it would be better if those presets could be saved in some internal scene's settings\helper (not sure how that works in other cases of saved values for other things in max) rather than in separate preset files - those work too but might produce quite a lot of confusion with scenes undergoing some changes as development\design goes on and new lighmix elements are added, deleted or lamps\lights contained within are changed. So if those could be stored internally with the scene that could be much more easier to manage, plus I don't see any possible usage scenario for loading those for different scenes akin to render presets.

3 - If 2 could be done or maybe even if it couldn't be - some sort of window with a list or dropdown menu for quick selection, loading, saving and updating of already saved presets would surely be welcome - it could reside at the bottom of the lighmix tab and be there always - thus added scrolling of the lighmix elements wouldn't move it.

Those are my thoughts on that matter.

Another thing - strangely enough but in my case 27 09 build is ram hungry again, maybe that's again something on my end but the scene which rendered yesterday using less than 19gigs of ram today wants 27 and more from the same cameras\views thus making my 24gig DR nodes completely useless - nothing changed within the scene itself but this behavior is not new for me as I experienced it before. All I did is to install some software which came with some C++ redistributables which were installed along - may that be the case, and if it is could you recommend the right C++ version which is Corona compiled for\expects to use ? Or maybe that's something completely different or even intended - please let me know if it is as it is driving me nuts more than usual ))

2016-09-27, 16:29:03
Reply #558

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
#1: just finished saving postproc parameters ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-28, 03:34:50
Reply #559

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
#1: just finished saving postproc parameters ;)
yeayy!!
I know I just did an ugly comment but sorry I cant hold that words any longer.. it hurts me inside :D

2016-09-28, 04:54:42
Reply #560

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will the lut directory have a checkbox for recurse directory (just I've luts organised in different subfolders) and will the lut dropdown make it's way to the vfb for 1.5?

2016-09-29, 00:16:23
Reply #561

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
  • DOF is now disabled for free views
May i ask why is that? Not that i used DOF without camera very often, but still...
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-09-29, 00:18:00
Reply #562

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2016-09-29, 00:24:09
Reply #563

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
mostly because of IR and test renders - tweaking focus distance in free viewport is quite awkward, so the proposed new workflow is "observe the model in free views without DOF, switch to camera to get the final DOFed image". Plus the parameter for DOF view focal distance was quite un-intuitive - people were often mistaken about what it does
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-29, 02:36:31
Reply #564

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Everyone who has used Octane/fStorm know how awesome this little button is.

___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2016-09-29, 11:34:18
Reply #565

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm, a focus picker sounds awesome actually.

2016-09-29, 12:12:38
Reply #566

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-09-29, 15:34:48
Reply #567

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
I know there were some changes with Color handling between DB 18th September and DB 28th September (even 23rd Sept). Newer Releases show much brighter Renderresults.

Is there some math behind to set up Contrast/Highlight compression or other settings to achieve similar results?

2016-09-29, 15:43:43
Reply #568

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The new contrast is carbon copy of Photoshop/ACR. So proper S-curve in 2.2 gamma space, without any of the artifacts of the older one (darkerning, black crush,etc...).

I don't believe there is any exact setting to match the previous one, which should just never have existed. Why would you want it ? The previous contrast was absolutely terrible in every aspect, I am surprised anyone used it.
If the current result is too bright, just lower the exposure.

There was no change in Highlights compression I am aware of.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-09-29, 15:54:39
Reply #569

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes, it looks like it's because of contrast. You also have different vignette settings between the two images, and the vignette was slightly changed too (afaik it was circular, then elliptic, then circular again).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us