Author Topic: Building renovation in downtown Lisbon  (Read 2686 times)

2015-10-12, 12:15:45

fkoehler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

This is one of my latest comercial work finished in Corona (1.1). Day and night mood from an apartment building in downtown Lisbon (Portugal) project by Moerschel Architects. The POV was not my favourite choice so I'll might return this file for further testing and experiments. The brand "logo" in the store windows is ficctional as there was no authorization from the future owner to disclose the brand.
C&C are welcome.

Cheers
Francisco

2015-10-12, 13:12:50
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Lot's of work on there :- ).

Since you're asking for C&C:

-I would suggest more "chamfering", ideally inside shader. Even if the geometry is sharp in reality, I would always use more in CGI.
-Since your render is hi-res, don't sharpen it, ideally, blur it further. It will hide micro-noise, make edges appear more natural, and image smoother, like photography.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-10-14, 22:35:30
Reply #2

fkoehler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Juraj,

Theres a lot of chamfering (geometry) all around but I might have done it too subtle for this distance.
I will follow your advice on blur (already read your suggestion in someone else's post) and play a bit in photoshop.

Cheers

2015-10-14, 23:02:19
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
That's a beautiful wire ! Nice work.

You are correct though about subtlety. CGI barely pick-ups detail in same way we would expect, so I routinely over-do certain things, chamfers included. I stopped baking them into objects I need to be flexible with, like facades, and instead just use the shader to do that.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!