Author Topic: Lightlister (script)  (Read 11498 times)

2015-08-24, 02:50:54

Guillermo Leal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolucion Visual
I needed the lightlister script to work with corona. plus some additional futures for vray so i created this script, maybe some one else find it usefull.

its based on the Lightlister that ships with vray which is based on the original that came with max.

the additions i made are.
- added support for corona lights, corona material and corona light material
- added tooltips to some parameters
- ability to edit ies files on vray, photometric and corona lights
- wider interface

history:

v3.07 :
fix: With corona Lights on initial startup, the wrong elements were being enable/disabled. I was missing +1 on the type of shape variable. (maxscript arrays start at 1 not 0)

v3.06 :
add: Supports for corona3 physical material
fix: on Corona Lights. There were several issues, Some parameters were not being created and then when changing the shape type it would crash the script
add: for corona material and corona physical material now we can control enable/disable of the self illumination texture and the amount of it.

v3.05 :
fix: It was crashing with the newest corona render (3+) as the corona material is now named CoronaLegacyMtl
fix: there was a crash when trying to add or change a texture for the corona material or coronaLight material and the user canceled the process of selecting an image
fix: for lightmaterials if it has a texture it wasn’t been shown

v3.04 :
fix: For some strange reason on some files with corona it was crashing when creating the dialogs, the problem was the method (units.formatValue) which i was using it on the tooltips for some parameters.
fix: Added some checks for certain parameters on corona lights
fix: updated the ranges for the segments on corona lights, it was from 0 -> 100000 which should be 3 -> 128. on certain systems it could cause a crash

v3.03 :
fix: there has been a bug in the function filenameFromPath for a long long time, I thought it had been fixed but not, so i use a custom function for it. that was causing a crash when getting the ies file when the file was missing.

v3.02 :
fix:    crash when deleting a corona light
add:    clicking on the material button now shows an option to select or edit the material

v3.01 :
add: support for coronal materials and corona light materials

initial release:
add:    support for corona lights
add:    tool-tips for the light name as sometimes they have a long name, you need to hover the mouse over the on checkbox as the textedit control does not has tooltips.
add:    tool-tips for some other elements
add:    edit ies files on corona , vray ies lights and max photometric

i know there was already the plugin from ecximer but beside that i didn't want another max version specific plugin i wanted the ability to add whatever i need it to it so i updated this script.

please if you find any issues or do any updates let me know so i keep the script updated.

if you want to use it as a macroscript you need to uncomment lines 135 to 139

you can download it in the following link.
http://www.evvisual.com/lightlister/
« Last Edit: 2022-02-26, 17:28:24 by Guillermo Leal »

2015-08-24, 09:08:20
Reply #1

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Thank you I will try it. The other script here doesn't work for us unfortunately.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2015-08-24, 09:20:21
Reply #2

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Some feedback:

- I can't get the script to appear in Customise UI screen.

"- to do:
- add the corona shadow code for regular lights. never use it so i might never add it....." - please add this! We discovered that using standard max lights with corona materials and projection maps gives cleaner results than using corona lights with projection maps. So this would be useful to have included!
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2015-08-24, 16:25:19
Reply #3

Guillermo Leal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolucion Visual
atelieryork,

Please download the script again, i don't use it as a macro so i had commented the macro lines plus was enabled only with vray. and about the shadows they do show up, just not the corona options.

2015-08-26, 17:54:57
Reply #4

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Hi,

I still can't get this script to appear in Customise UI, even with the newly-downloaded file.

I can run it manually just fine however, and it appears to work.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2015-08-26, 18:11:05
Reply #5

Guillermo Leal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolucion Visual
sorry i edit some things and forgot to remove the comments again, try again.
if this happens again just look for the macroScript line in lines number 123-127 and uncomment it next time

2015-08-27, 10:32:05
Reply #6

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Awesome thank you and great job with this script! Really really useful having CRNLightMats in the same Lister. Super time-saver...!
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2015-08-27, 10:45:02
Reply #7

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Found a bug:

- If you have the lister open and you delete a light that is currently visible in the lister it will return a bug:

Change Handler Exception
--Unknown Property: "Width14" in Rollout:maxLightsRollout

Hit OK and it carries on working.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2015-08-27, 16:38:17
Reply #8

Guillermo Leal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolucion Visual
its fixed now, i also added an option to select objects from a material or edit the material by putting the material in the first slot of the material editor.

2015-08-27, 16:42:43
Reply #9

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Great work! If we spot any more bugs we'll let you know.

Thanks again.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2018-03-23, 02:34:43
Reply #10

Guillermo Leal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolucion Visual
Just a heads up that i updated the script. There was a bug that will crash the script on certain scenes. it should work fine now on any file.

Tested in max 2016 to 2018

2018-03-23, 09:38:43
Reply #11

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot, Guillermo ! it's definitely a must-have for daily work, thank you for sharing :)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2022-02-26, 06:55:29
Reply #12

Guillermo Leal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolucion Visual
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the script to support corona 3+, added support for the  corona physical material and several other fixes.

Guillermo Leal.

2022-02-26, 11:46:15
Reply #13

archimi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for your program which I use all the time. I find it much more practical and efficient than the one provided by Corona. Only it's been a while since your software didn't work in some of my scenes, but now it's solved ! Thanks !

There is a new bug, not very serious, but which appears at the start of the software. I just have to deactivate the line, or change the name of the variable, for it to work, but I prefer to let you know.

Edit: there is another bug. When the light shape is a rectangle, the "Directionality", "Emit BS" and "Height" settings are disabled
« Last Edit: 2022-02-26, 15:23:14 by archimi »

2022-02-26, 17:30:57
Reply #14

Guillermo Leal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolucion Visual
Hi archimi,

Thanks for letting me know about the issues.

The light shape issue was a silly one, Arrays in maxscript start at 1, and I was starting at 0, Its fixed now.

The other issue you are having I could not reproduce it.  If you tell me exactly the steps you took to get that error I will look into.

Guillermo Leal.