Author Topic: Corona Bitmap Mapping Missing?  (Read 2122 times)

2022-02-12, 17:01:28

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I've been away from corona for a while and just came back and installed version 7.  This might be a stupid question, but Corona Bitmap seems to be missing the mapping options for Texture, Explicit, Vertex, Planar from object, Planar from World?  Was it moved? I attached a screen shot.

2022-02-12, 21:43:19
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Nothing is missing, it's always been like that. Actually no, before there were fewer mapping modes - a new ones are added as the time goes.

[..] Explicit [..]

Explicit is the default mode, it's always on, unless you're assigning bitmap to enviroment.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-02-12, 22:09:32
Reply #2

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nothing is missing, it's always been like that. Actually no, before there were fewer mapping modes - a new ones are added as the time goes.

[..] Explicit [..]

Explicit is the default mode, it's always on, unless you're assigning bitmap to enviroment.
when I create a new Corona bitmap spherical is default with no option to go to explicit. How would I use planar from world when there is no option.? Other bitmaps have that option, and you could choose between texture, and environment.

By the way thanks for the help!

2022-02-12, 23:11:53
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Corona switches between texture and enviroment automatically, there's no need for user input and if for some reason you need some obscure mapping modes like planar from XYZ, then there's always native bitmap, nobody's forbiding to use it ;] If you think that Corona bitmap would benefit from additional mapping modes, then please post a feature request here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?board=5.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-02-13, 06:33:16
Reply #4

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To map textures onto Forest Pro grass I use "Planar From World XYZ", thought I use to do that in Corona bitmap, but I guess I'm remembering incorrectly. It's been a while. Thanks again.