Author Topic: Chaos Licensing Feedback/Help  (Read 43930 times)

2022-04-14, 11:30:24
Reply #75

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have an issue with licensing, already reported to support but for anyone else with the same issue.  I have licenses for Phoenix and Corona, however both are registered on different email addresses.  When I open the license server from Corona Render Dialog, it takes me to the license server and it's automatically logged in with the email address associated with Phoenix and thus I get the 'No License Available' issue for Corona.  If I log out of the license server and log back in with the email address associated with Corona, then it activates and I can use Corona 8.  The downside is when logging out of the License Server you get a warning saying those licenses won't be available if you log out, so I can't use the Phoenix Licenses, so at the minute it looks like I have to choose whether I want to use Phoenix OR Corona due to the differing email addresses used when signing up for each product.

The solution is to move all products under a single email address and we can easily help you with that. If anyone else needs this, please contact us through the support portal: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Also, this is not an uncommon situation. There are similar cases with other software too: e.g. the same user may have V-Ray and Phoenix licenses under a different email address.

The licensing server is not working for me at all. get the error "Corona rendering license not found" pressing the Open the License server causes max crash. Contacted the support, still awaiting for the reply.

We will assist you ASAP.

No worries, assumed that would be the case, I have already opened a support ticket about it, but it was late last night so I wasn't expecting an immediate response.  Ticket 33547

2022-04-14, 17:40:43
Reply #76

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Hi
Is there a clear tutorial to install Corona 8 ?

It's very very complicated, and I don't understand all the commentaries in the forum (my english is not good for that).
When I'm in the Chaos website, I only see an old Vray licence, but Corona is not there. When I click on the CoronaChaos icon, a new page is opened, and when I log in, I come back to the previous Chaos page...

I do not understand anything !!
Thanks for your help !
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2022-04-14, 17:47:53
Reply #77

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi
Is there a clear tutorial to install Corona 8 ?

It's very very complicated, and I don't understand all the commentaries in the forum (my english is not good for that).
When I'm in the Chaos website, I only see an old Vray licence, but Corona is not there. When I click on the CoronaChaos icon, a new page is opened, and when I log in, I come back to the previous Chaos page...

I do not understand anything !!
Thanks for your help !

Installation:
Max - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4668162916241-Corona-for-3ds-Max-Installation-Process
C4D - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4668207412753-Corona-for-Cinema-4D-Installation-Process

Activation:
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4670316303761-How-to-activate-Chaos-products-

More info for Corona 8 and the Chaos License Server (since it's a new thing for our users):
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4834983860241-Basic-Information-on-Corona-8-and-the-Chaos-License-Server

Basic troubleshooting:
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/5147044693393-Corona-8-Chaos-License-Server-Basic-Troubleshooting-Steps

I would advise opening those articles one by one.

If you are having trouble, please contact us here and explain where exactly (at which point) something isn't working for you.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-04-14, 22:16:03
Reply #78

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Thanks a lot, I'll try again tomorrow.
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2022-04-14, 22:47:02
Reply #79

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website

The licensing server is not working for me at all. get the error "Corona rendering license not found" pressing the Open the License server causes max crash. Contacted the support, still awaiting for the reply.

We will assist you ASAP.

"Awesome" assistance and support, after 6+ hours of support ticket only get a link to a basic troubleshooting page that was indicating solution possibilities that were checked as soon as the problems occurred (Most people are not retarded you know and they can use google to search for simple solutions for the problems instantly). Been with you guys since alpha times, but every recent major release introduces some major headaches in simple parts of workflow where there should be no issues at all.   

2022-04-15, 09:24:44
Reply #80

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

We will assist you ASAP.

"Awesome" assistance and support, after 6+ hours of support ticket only get a link to a basic troubleshooting page that was indicating solution possibilities that were checked as soon as the problems occurred (Most people are not retarded you know and they can use google to search for simple solutions for the problems instantly). Been with you guys since alpha times, but every recent major release introduces some major headaches in simple parts of workflow where there should be no issues at all.

It's support ticket #33653, right?
I have just sent you the next steps.

Please note that in most cases the "basic" guide helps resolve the issue, so we don't offer the more technical solution right away.
But based on your feedback I think we should also include the additional steps in the guide, and I will do it now.

Thank you for the feedback.

2022-04-17, 10:21:18
Reply #81

Fabio TPB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I’m having issues (no license present on Chaos servers) since April 4, I have provided bank statement, order confirmation, invoice. The customer care kindly gave me a free license until April 20, they say they are investigating, but they don’t know what is going on, no solution so far.
I need this to be resolved ASAP, it’s clear that I’m not the only one having issues with the licensing system, is there a phone number I can call for further assistance?
Many thanks.

2022-04-17, 10:28:26
Reply #82

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
it’s clear that I’m not the only one having issues with the licensing system, is there a phone number I can call for further assistance?

Does it mean that you know someone who is having similar issues to yours?
About the phone number, please see https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402148637969-How-do-I-contact-the-Technical-Support-

2022-04-26, 20:08:44
Reply #83

aldaryn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to configure the license server address on our render farm nodes and can't seem to start the 'Change license settings' dialog. Tthere is no Start menu link to access this function after installing Corona 8 (stable, not a daily).

How can I acess the dialog manually, or set a variable or registry entry to point the application to our license server's address? Or just point me to the right manual. :) I've tried to look for a solution here in the forums and in the manuals but could'n find anything.

Many thanks!

2022-04-26, 20:16:49
Reply #84

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to configure the license server address on our render farm nodes and can't seem to start the 'Change license settings' dialog. Tthere is no Start menu link to access this function after installing Corona 8 (stable, not a daily).

How can I acess the dialog manually, or set a variable or registry entry to point the application to our license server's address? Or just point me to the right manual. :) I've tried to look for a solution here in the forums and in the manuals but could'n find anything.

hi,
try to open setvrlservice.exe, yuo find it in:
C:\Program Files\Corona\Corona Renderer for 3ds Max\2022\Utils\setvrlservice.exe
or similar depending on max version you are using

2022-04-26, 20:37:54
Reply #85

aldaryn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi,
try to open setvrlservice.exe, yuo find it in:
C:\Program Files\Corona\Corona Renderer for 3ds Max\2022\Utils\setvrlservice.exe
or similar depending on max version you are using

That's it, thank you!

2022-04-27, 12:00:33
Reply #86

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Here is an alternative solution to setting up Corona on a render farm (multiple computers) without the setvrlservice.exe file: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/5614248365713

2022-05-13, 19:06:06
Reply #87

jasond

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there a way to have the license server restart on its own if the server reboots? As it stands, it looks like you have to manually start it. Do we have to use nssm on vrol.exe?

2022-05-13, 19:08:44
Reply #88

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is there a way to have the license server restart on its own if the server reboots? As it stands, it looks like you have to manually start it. Do we have to use nssm on vrol.exe?

The Chaos License Server for Corona 8 should be always running as a service, automatically even after a computer is rebooted.

2022-05-13, 19:46:21
Reply #89

jasond

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hm our IT guy did a test reboot and the server/service did not restart. He had to manually click the "start chaos license server" from the start menu. Windows Server 2019.