Author Topic: Chaos Licensing Feedback/Help  (Read 44534 times)

2022-03-11, 07:19:33
Reply #45

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys

if the itnernet goes down which happens here every so often - can we stilll use the software?

2022-03-11, 09:31:05
Reply #46

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
hi guys

if the itnernet goes down which happens here every so often - can we stilll use the software?

Hi, the way the new licensing works is the same as in V-Ray and other Chaos products. You can find some basic information in the Chaos help center: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020330337-Do-I-need-to-have-Internet-access-to-use-Chaos-products-
Of course we are also working on a Corona-specific FAQ and updated help guides.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-03-12, 17:32:02
Reply #47

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi,
 i have problems with the new license server, it's possible to use the old license metod in corona r8?

thanks

2022-03-12, 21:51:11
Reply #48

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't think so, since just today I also got issues.
Installing latest that comes with v8RC1 solved it.

2022-03-14, 03:57:30
Reply #49

kanyno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please tutorial resolve problem licence or reinstall new licence!!!!

2022-03-14, 08:39:09
Reply #50

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
hi,
 i have problems with the new license server, it's possible to use the old license metod in corona r8?

thanks
Hi,

If you have some issues with the license server please contact support@corona-renderer.com and the guys will help you out.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-03-14, 10:37:47
Reply #51

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I send message with my error to support@corona-renderer.com and I don't get any help.

2022-03-14, 11:32:57
Reply #52

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I send message with my error to support@corona-renderer.com and I don't get any help.
Hi,

The usual timeframe for a reply is around 24 hours. They will get back to you with some information.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-03-14, 13:39:08
Reply #53

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You will get the best and the fastest help by sending a support ticket. Our support guys have already replied to your messages. The suggested solutions may not be working so far, but they are doing their best. It appears that the issue is complicated so I asked some other team members to help troubleshoot it. You will be contacted with further possible solutions ASAP.

Meanwhile, if you urgently need to continue working, please revert to the official Corona 7 HF1 release.

2022-03-14, 14:44:43
Reply #54

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The old activation method is not available in Corona 8.
If you are having some activation problems, please either explain here what exactly is going on, or contact us at https://corona-renderer.com/link/contact-support

Please tutorial resolve problem licence or reinstall new licence!!!!
If you are having some activation problems, please either explain here what exactly is going on, or contact us at https://corona-renderer.com/link/contact-support

2022-03-15, 17:08:54
Reply #55

edgaroe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, i installed the new RC1 of chaos corona 8 but i can't use it because of the new licensing method, when i clic at the botton licence server, chrome opens a new tab with a ip 127.0.0.1/XXX and doesn't open anything, i try to disable the Firewall and the Antivirus but i can't open licence server portal, when i clic at My Chaos page appears my licence active and functional but i just can't work in this new version because of it.

I try to install a previous version but now i got the corona bar with blank spaces where the new things are, and the chaos scatter... and i can't use scatter at all so please help, i can't use any version fully functional.

Regards!!!

2022-03-15, 17:32:35
Reply #56

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, i installed the new RC1 of chaos corona 8 but i can't use it because of the new licensing method, when i clic at the botton licence server, chrome opens a new tab with a ip 127.0.0.1/XXX and doesn't open anything, i try to disable the Firewall and the Antivirus but i can't open licence server portal, when i clic at My Chaos page appears my licence active and functional but i just can't work in this new version because of it.

I try to install a previous version but now i got the corona bar with blank spaces where the new things are, and the chaos scatter... and i can't use scatter at all so please help, i can't use any version fully functional.

Regards!!!

Please uninstall one version of Corona from the Windows "Programs" list first, and only then install the other version. I would suggest:
- uninstalling all Corona versions that you can find in "Programs"
- then installing Corona 7 HF1 - https://corona-renderer.com/download
If something isn't working at this point, please contact us here - https://corona-renderer.com/link/contact-support

The above is for installing Corona 7 HF1.

If you would like to try Corona 8 daily builds again:
- uninstall any Corona version that you currently have installed from the "Programs" list
- install Corona 8 (either use the Typical installation mode, or Custom and make sure that the "License Server" item is checked in the installer)
- check if you can access http://localhost:30304/ - you can manage your licenses here
If everything is working fine up to this point, then you should be able to use Corona 8 too.

2022-03-15, 19:09:42
Reply #57

edgaroe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you!
i'll go back to the Corona 7, one thing that i notice is that even if you uninstall Corona Renderer 8, you have to uninstall the Chaos Scatter too because if you leave it, you won't be able to use scatter in the usual way.

When i try to install it again appears a message (Attached Image) what can i do in this case?

Im kinda sad because i really want to try this new version i hope you can find an easy way to install and link the exisint licence, i trust in you guys! keep the Corona Philosophy make things easy for the users.

regards!

2022-03-16, 07:40:42
Reply #58

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hate to see corona’s licensing go away.  I literally never had a single issue with it.  Normally I’m always running the latest dailys but this switch in licensing makes me nervous so I’ve held off, given my past experiences with vray/CG online licensing systems.

2022-03-22, 08:31:18
Reply #59

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was back to Corona Renderer 8 DailyBuild Jan 26 becouse the new licensing system won't work. I was try enything...

- I can login to my chaos account.
- I see licence on my account
- I can open local chaos licence server

But I allways get this same error.... 

The support is crazy :) From other planete ?:P  Support wasn't looking at my screenshots at all. I am sending screenshots showing the login, they say "There is currently no active license/subscription registered to the email address" ... omg...."please look at my screenshots??!" 
The screenshots show that I mean Corone 8 .. they give a solution for Corona 7.   
« Last Edit: 2022-03-22, 08:54:21 by triget »