Author Topic: 1.6 DR  (Read 33568 times)

2017-03-01, 22:31:39
Reply #15

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
1.After some test's with new Daily build from 2-28 on my animation project i found very specific problem with DR render and animated texture 3dmax .ifl exension file///

Goodbye for animated people from Marlin Studio in our architectural animations :))

2.After 1.5. hotfix release in all lasted Daily Build don;t submit job to deadline 8 via 3dmax submitter script except with other render's /Vray,Scanline, and etc./ always Okay/
Problem only with Corona///

except that everything is working perfectly:))))
Thanks for job!!!

Problem 1 should be fixed in today's daily build (03-01). Give it a try.
I'm aware of the deadline issue, stay tuned!

2017-03-02, 18:20:41
Reply #16

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi guys.

I installed the latest build today and I still notice the problem of stopping the DR rendering process manually. Every time I press STOP at the master PC one of the slaves continues to render and the process goes on infinitely so I have to save manually the final image...

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-02, 20:59:31
Reply #17

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In last Daily from 2017-03-01 there is no problem with .ifl sequences and XREF files//
thanks very much for fix!!!
But there is still a problem with Deadline submitter:(

2017-03-03, 10:26:10
Reply #18

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Collecting extra data from slaves doesn't still work!!! The main PC has the session open for 15hrs collecting the last data from the server which never arrived... Had to close manually the DR process.

Please fix as DR is unusable like this.

Thanks!

Dionysios -

2017-03-07, 16:11:51
Reply #19

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Collecting extra data from slaves doesn't still work!!! The main PC has the session open for 15hrs collecting the last data from the server which never arrived... Had to close manually the DR process.

Thanks!

Dionysios -

Hi all, the latest build 06/03/2017 sees to solved the DR issues, didn't noticed any problems till now!!!

Thank you for your hard work.

Dionysios -

2017-03-07, 18:55:17
Reply #20

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks!

Dionysios -

Hi all, the latest build 06/03/2017 sees to solved the DR issues, didn't noticed any problems till now!!!

Thank you for your hard work.

Dionysios -

I also didn't find any problem's with DR in latest build//
Excellent work work Guy's//
Thanks very much:)))

2017-03-07, 20:30:53
Reply #21

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
The DR servers close itself correctly now but I noticed that 3ds Max remains active and I had to force manually both DR and Max cause after a job as they couldn't reach the Master PC anymore.
Once restarted DR everything worked fine.

Dionysios -

2017-03-07, 22:07:36
Reply #22

ronaldjung

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Working fine for me, finally.

Very happy with the result!

2017-03-08, 02:39:22
Reply #23

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
tried again, lighmix spinners work fine before DR kicks in, when the slaves start sending the spinners stop, then right at the final pass or near it max crashed again same place near the end of the rendering. First try 200 passes crashed near 200, second 150 passes lower res crashed near 150.

Could you send me minidump from the crash?

new update also causing crashes, can you help me? I attached second dmp file,

2017-03-08, 05:57:20
Reply #24

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3/6 seems to be alot more stable with xrefs in DR.
more testing......

2017-03-08, 06:35:48
Reply #25

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
more testing......

I am starting to feel it is just me having crashes no one else reporting it, it happens only when corona starts collecting extra passes from slaves when it is finished all passes.
All the time every time.

2017-03-08, 07:37:26
Reply #26

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
more testing......

I am starting to feel it is just me having crashes no one else reporting it, it happens only when corona starts collecting extra passes from slaves when it is finished all passes.
All the time every time.

Took the software home, installed it on my computers at home, and same result, crashes at extra passes collection at the end. it is not just my work computer. plus at home it was rendering extra black passes. at work it was rendering correct number of passes.

2017-03-08, 11:56:12
Reply #27

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Unfortunately I noticed few minutes ago a problem with DR.

I have a 6.000px image calculated by 2 DR servers via Backburner.
As you can see from the image below there is a net difference of passes! The noise limit was set to 3 by te way and to me it seems a more noisy result...

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-08, 11:57:51
Reply #28

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Unfortunately I noticed few minutes ago a problem with DR.

I have a 6.000px image calculated by 2 DR servers via Backburner.
As you can see from the image below there is a net difference of passes! The noise limit was set to 3 by te way and to me it seems a more noisy result...

Thanks,

Dionysios -

I use the 06/03/2017 build. I saw Ondra loaded a new one one hour ago... Don't know if DR has any changes in it.

2017-03-08, 13:08:26
Reply #29

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
these differences in noise are by design and were always present - DR in Corona works "kinda like" bucket renderer to avoid constant big data transfers. The noise level should converge to uniform level in few more passes
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)