Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088386 times)

2018-12-15, 16:43:34
Reply #1155

Yura Khlop

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I could't find any information about convert FSorm Mat to Corona Mat. Is it possible?
Please, need it as yesterday!
Regards

2018-12-15, 19:32:57
Reply #1156

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
regarding Fstorm I will repeat my question from before:

I'm having a look at fstorm right now to determine the best approach for conversions... however I'm not really sure how useful all of this is. My personal "goal" of the converter is that each render engine conversion should yield a usable result - a one click solution with as few necessary adjustments from the user as possible.
What I see so far is that fstorm materials are rather "spartan", which is fine, because that means it's easy to translate. The maps, however, are pretty much all custom and either different or complete remakes of the max ones (like noise, output, falloff, gradient etc) with different settings which makes it basically impossible to get proper conversion results.
So, if there are any Fstorm users here I would be happy to hear opinions about that and what you think would be a useful conversion for you.

I haven't got any feedback on fstorm, neither here nor for the other converter I maintain, so I assume that there are very few people that actually need it.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2018-12-18, 11:13:18
Reply #1157

kuch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello i am trying to convert vraymats to Corona  and i got an error.

2018-12-18, 11:21:10
Reply #1158

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Uhm... that's an odd one. Haven't seen something like that before. Can you share the scene or strip it down to just an object or a material you can send me?

2019-02-13, 00:47:00
Reply #1159

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I'm having a look at fstorm right now to determine the best approach for conversions... however I'm not really sure how useful all of this is. My personal "goal" of the converter is that each render engine conversion should yield a usable result - a one click solution with as few necessary adjustments from the user as possible.
What I see so far is that fstorm materials are rather "spartan", which is fine, because that means it's easy to translate. The maps, however, are pretty much all custom and either different or complete remakes of the max ones (like noise, output, falloff, gradient etc) with different settings which makes it basically impossible to get proper conversion results.
So, if there are any Fstorm users here I would be happy to hear opinions about that and what you think would be a useful conversion for you.

Hi Deadclown,

Thanks in advance.

I think that to have a basic converter is better than no converte.
For example switching to corona materials with most maps in a bitmap loader replacing fstormbitmap. Also glossiness.
The rest can be done manually for now and we go from there (?).
Let me know if you have questions. I’ll be happy to do tests and stuff.

Thanks.

I haven't got any feedback on fstorm, neither here nor for the other converter I maintain, so I assume that there are very few people that actually need it.

2019-03-01, 11:50:05
Reply #1160

sepo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there such script fro C4D version of Corona?

2019-03-01, 13:04:21
Reply #1161

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Feature request time!

Original report:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23023.0

Feature request:
One-click conversion of all 3ds Max Physical Cameras in scene to Corona Cameras.
(it would convert all photographic parameters, and positions of cameras and their targets)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-03-30, 04:56:39
Reply #1162

DustinMoore

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can we add the feature within the converter dialog to add the Corona Bump Converter to bump maps that aren't using it?

2019-04-01, 20:06:45
Reply #1163

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Can we add the feature within the converter dialog to add the Corona Bump Converter to bump maps that aren't using it?
In theory, yes, but I'm not a big fan of adding converter maps to everything, no matter what it is. It's rather trivial to code it so I would prefer to have it as a separate script - for people that actually need it.

2019-05-03, 10:44:34
Reply #1164

riaanvj

• Users
    • View Profile
Any plans to include fstorm conversions?

temporary solution I'm using right now

https://github.com/dubcat/CoronaConverter/blob/master/coronaConverter.ms

hi there! I'm desperately looking for this conversion script. I have some fstorm scenes to convert as I'm testing corona.

Any chance someone can drop me a copy please?

thanks!

2019-05-06, 07:06:10
Reply #1165

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Yep me too. Would love a (temporary) solution asap if possible

It blows my mind that this function isn't available yet.

Thanks!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2019-05-06, 09:07:09
Reply #1166

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
And again...

2019-05-08, 16:28:10
Reply #1167

riaanvj

• Users
    • View Profile
And again...

hi, let me try.

The Fstorm converter converting from both vray and corona materials work pretty good I find. I would think that converting some typical corona materials to FStorm and carefully looking at the conversion logic would be a good starting point in order to reverse engineer. I would also think that either way, material conversions are just starting points to further tweak the materials for each engine. I personally would be happy with at least just a basic conversion that sets up maps and the basic structure of the material and then take it from there.

2019-05-16, 15:33:13
Reply #1168

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

2019-05-25, 23:05:13
Reply #1169

ChukA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there ! a perfect tool to convert Fstorm to Corona is here !

Take a look to this:

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/fs-scene-converter-fstorm

i use it so many time and it's work perfectly...
It's convert Fstorm to Vray and to Corona... the dev tell me that it will work on Redshift and Octane for futur update.

You have a video to see how it's work...