Author Topic: H3 House - Luciano Kruk arquitectos  (Read 11183 times)

2016-10-19, 15:59:00

Tomaszek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Thomas Pisz | 3D Artist
H3 House - Luciano Kruk arquitectos

Latest portfolio piece. Rendered with Corona 1.4.

During the progress i needed to upgrade my ram to 64gb for this one.
And i am still running out of it in case i want to render higher than 4k :)

Credits:

architecture: Luciano Kruk (www.lucianokruk.com)
inspiration_photography: Daniela Mac Adden (www.danielamacadden.com)

A big thank you to:

The foliage studies of Grant Warwick (masteringcgi.com.au) & Juraj Talcik (talcikdemovicova.com).
Bertrand Benoit's bokeh studies: bertrand-benoit.com/blog/wonky-bokeh

And of course Daniel Yaqub's "Eagle Eye" (twentyfourpixel.de)

In case you're on behance and you gonna catch yourself staring at, give it some love :)
Very appriciated!

https://www.behance.net/gallery/39715513/H3-House-Luciano-Kruk

Here are some 100% crops

/spam

Hope you like it.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-19, 16:06:22 by Tomaszek »

2016-10-19, 16:18:53
Reply #1

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this is very impressive man! Looks flawless to me!

2016-10-19, 17:03:34
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Super cool effort :- ). I must have something against houses that are more vertical then horizontal in size, looks so disproportionate, but I am megalomaniac.

I've recently started on ForestPack, and I've noticed it's way more memory hungry than simply using CoronaScatter. Could that be true ? But yeah, easy to fill even 64gb ram with Corona and high-poly veggies.

Regarding foliage, I was happy to find out the values I used for years actually match Megascan ones. But I am still suspicious of the translucency effect and how translucency map should ideally look and work.
I started bothering Jaroslav (Corona material dev) about it recently, but will look into it further once I have some free time. Imho we still not have shader that does simulate greenery correctly. The translucency behaviour is way more complex in real-life.

Of course, gave you a like on Behance :- D
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-10-19, 20:26:39
Reply #3

Tomaszek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Super cool effort :- ). I must have something against houses that are more vertical then horizontal in size, looks so disproportionate, but I am megalomaniac.

I've recently started on ForestPack, and I've noticed it's way more memory hungry than simply using CoronaScatter. Could that be true ? But yeah, easy to fill even 64gb ram with Corona and high-poly veggies.

Regarding foliage, I was happy to find out the values I used for years actually match Megascan ones. But I am still suspicious of the translucency effect and how translucency map should ideally look and work.
I started bothering Jaroslav (Corona material dev) about it recently, but will look into it further once I have some free time. Imho we still not have shader that does simulate greenery correctly. The translucency behaviour is way more complex in real-life.

Of course, gave you a like on Behance :- D

Thank you. Highly appreciated!

Can't really say much regarding the translucency issue. Pretty new to this field! It's so hard to get it right / looking nicely.

But regarding CoronaScatter:

I was using vertex paint for distributing.
It got pretty crazy after a few layers/vertex modifiers on my main plane my house is standing on.
Wondering if there's a better way of handling border behaviors then the simple fall off of my brush.
I'm using to work with MultiScatter and the convenience of spline borders and border behaviors.

Any thoughts on that issue?

2016-10-19, 20:53:21
Reply #4

annkos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice work, looks great!

Ps: I appreciate it also on Behance

2016-10-19, 22:10:10
Reply #5

Edvinas

• Active Users
  • CGI artist with architectural background
    • View Profile
    • Bloorise
Super cool level of detail. I can say you are really patient :) Maybe it's my sickness, but I would work more on natural lighting. Right now it lacks some subtlety for me eye. Or even some different scenarious, dusk/morning or etc. That would improve emotion of your work. Corona interactive lets you play very easily, give it a shot.

Juraj, definately true. I was going crazy when jumped on forest pack few months ago. And in some cases it was ~20% higher consumption. Ended up with doubling RAM on machines :) BTW, saw your comments regarding translucency earlier and wanted to discuss about this in SOA7, just didn't catch you! Maybe there is a discussion in any forum? Would gladly join

Edvinas
® Bloorise
Behance: https://behance.com/bloorise

2016-10-19, 22:38:05
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Super cool level of detail. I can say you are really patient :) Maybe it's my sickness, but I would work more on natural lighting. Right now it lacks some subtlety for me eye. Or even some different scenarious, dusk/morning or etc. That would improve emotion of your work. Corona interactive lets you play very easily, give it a shot.

Juraj, definately true. I was going crazy when jumped on forest pack few months ago. And in some cases it was ~20% higher consumption. Ended up with doubling RAM on machines :) BTW, saw your comments regarding translucency earlier and wanted to discuss about this in SOA7, just didn't catch you! Maybe there is a discussion in any forum? Would gladly join

Edvinas

Nothing private at all, will start a thread here ;- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-10-19, 23:42:18
Reply #7

Tomaszek

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Edvinas

Thanks for pointing that out. I totally agree .
That is something i would have loved to do. Explore more regarding lighting but i / my system didn't manage the scene very well near completion.
I gonna put an eye on this matter at the next one.

Edit: I've been checking out the performance of the scene in 1.5 for 2 hrs now and it seems to be way more stable.
Everything's reacting faster. Interesting :)

« Last Edit: 2016-10-20, 02:43:46 by Tomaszek »

2016-10-20, 05:26:19
Reply #8

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just saw that you're in Quebec hehe that's nice! I'm from Montreal. :-) Speak french too of course.

Have you spotted some companies you would like to work for or you'd prefer to start your own business/freelance?

2016-10-21, 18:20:32
Reply #9

Tomaszek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just saw that you're in Quebec hehe that's nice! I'm from Montreal. :-) Speak french too of course.

Have you spotted some companies you would like to work for or you'd prefer to start your own business/freelance?
you've got a PM ! :)

2016-10-22, 01:06:52
Reply #10

Tomaszek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks btw for the criticism, edvinas.

Indeed, i kept playing around this week with it due to the upgrade to 1.5 and tested the scene.
It's way more stable and the displaceing prior rendering took maybe a one minute. Compared to the 30+ min before... I love 1.5 so far.

2016-10-22, 17:54:45
Reply #11

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo

2016-10-24, 13:14:55
Reply #12

JacopoGrosso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jacopogrosso.com
No words, incredible work!

2016-10-24, 19:06:24
Reply #13

PMendes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Amazing Work! Are these trees bought, or modeled and shaded by you? Really like the vegetation.
----------------------------------
Modelarq3D
http://www.paulo-mendes.com