Author Topic: London Wall 1-5 Entrance & Office Lobby  (Read 1533 times)

2023-05-04, 14:26:03

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi friends, as you may know I haven't posted properly any work since 2019, I took a 4 year long hiatus from social media in general, only writing stuff on mainly Hardware subsection.

I think it's time to get back into habit of publishing :- ). I'll start right where I left.. in 2019, but will post new stuff alongside as well. So this particular first project has been on my harddrive forever.
They call this 'exposure therapy' but be kind nonetheless ;- ). So much stuff to post.. will take until end of year I think to post it all. I plan to post about 20 or so projects that I like the most.

Easier way to see the work also here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/169060671/London-Wall-1-5-Entrance-Office-Lobby

Visualization by Talcik&Demovicova | Client Enduranceland / Angelo, Gordon &Co / Completed in 2019

« Last Edit: 2023-05-04, 14:30:22 by Juraj »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-05-05, 16:19:49
Reply #1

Buzzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Juraj, I'm so glad you're posting again. ufff..... it's incredible, an excellent job in all parts of the project. Awesome.
Regards.

2023-05-07, 22:36:07
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Juraj, I'm so glad you're posting again. ufff..... it's incredible, an excellent job in all parts of the project. Awesome.
Regards.

That's very kind Buzzz, thank you :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2023-05-08, 23:11:02
Reply #3

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great to see more of your work again!

Out of curiosity, If you don't mind sharing... What was the reason for the hiatus? Was it ultimately a good thing or did you notice some downsides?

2023-05-09, 17:32:42
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Out of curiosity, If you don't mind sharing... What was the reason for the hiatus? Was it ultimately a good thing or did you notice some downsides?

The reason was I think combination of perhaps too many factors, but two big ones were a passing of closest family member to terminal illness and being tired somewhat from interacting with cgi community, but that was only on Facebook particularly but it influenced my overall attitude of taking rest from all, which I think as many may know, are not known best for mental health :- ). And then I kind of lost the courage to post stuff, you need to do this regularly otherwise it stops being a comfortable habit. Somehow as I get older, although I get more peace and success in life, I do built more insecurities.

Or perhaps creative people are just never satisfied with their work whatsoever, but at some point I think I took it into extreme and just couldn't even tolerate looking at my work.

Ultimately, it had benefits, particularly a peace of mind of just focusing on work and feedback from clients, building very solid relationship with them. (At some point it was annoying to read stuff like "your chair is 5mm above floor", well thanks but the project is finished and sent and client super happy and grateful, whatever, it's commercial stuff). Lot of really great artists from older generation function like this all the time heh.
The downsides was losing a bit of touch with community, which can be important for sense of belonging. I also avoided attending and speaking at conferences during this time, until this February when I spoke at Inbetweeness in Portugal and whoa it made me feel so much better! I just feel so much more positive being able to once again talk face-to-face to other artists :- ) That brought me back a lot of confidence, because I had a look at the body of work I completed in those 4 years and realized that jesus, so much of that is good and I should be really satisfied where I am in life in terms of work satisfaction (very high). But I had to look at it from outside.

Sorry for TedTalk ;- )

2023-05-10, 19:27:58
Reply #5

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
fantastic Juraj thanks for posting again, love the bloom, it reminds me to fernando guerra photos, do you make ot directly in corona?

2023-05-10, 19:36:11
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
fantastic Juraj thanks for posting again, love the bloom, it reminds me to fernando guerra photos, do you make ot directly in corona?

Thank you :- ) Fernando is my favourite photographer (and owner of three 911 Carreras...). Not sure if this project is much like his work, but I've done another one, for Zaha Hadid that is very much inspired by his style, hopefully I will be able to publish it sometimes this year.

I do force a lot of the geometric perspectives onto my clients and it usually works :- ). That might be my biggest inspiration from F.Guerra.

Do you mean if the Bloom is directly in Corona? No, it's not, I use various techniques in Photoshop to do so manually. The simplest one is just color on Screen blend mode, more complex is utilizing masks that blend Z-Depth, Select by Colors (Luminosity option), etc.. But usually just painting by hand.
Edit: I remember before Corona had nice framebuffer, I used the plugin, VFB+ which that Bloom which I feel worked much better, but I do not like the Bloom from Corona at all. I like the glare, though I can imagine better one as well. At this point, I think almost all post-production plugins (like ArionFX and RedGiant plugins) are rather dead for still images, or dead fully. So I am somewhat back to primitive tools.
« Last Edit: 2023-05-10, 19:42:54 by Juraj »

2023-05-10, 20:59:33
Reply #7

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Had to migrate back to the Corona Renderer forums for this one - great work Juraj, love the bloom and atmosphere in these shots, not to mention the color.

2023-05-10, 21:15:04
Reply #8

JohnNinos

• Active Users
    • View Profile

The reason was I think combination of perhaps too many factors, but two big ones were a passing of closest family member to terminal illness and being tired somewhat from interacting with cgi community, but that was only on Facebook particularly but it influenced my overall attitude of taking rest from all, which I think as many may know, are not known best for mental health :- ). And then I kind of lost the courage to post stuff, you need to do this regularly otherwise it stops being a comfortable habit. Somehow as I get older, although I get more peace and success in life, I do built more insecurities.

Or perhaps creative people are just never satisfied with their work whatsoever, but at some point I think I took it into extreme and just couldn't even tolerate looking at my work.

Ultimately, it had benefits, particularly a peace of mind of just focusing on work and feedback from clients, building very solid relationship with them. (At some point it was annoying to read stuff like "your chair is 5mm above floor", well thanks but the project is finished and sent and client super happy and grateful, whatever, it's commercial stuff). Lot of really great artists from older generation function like this all the time heh.
The downsides was losing a bit of touch with community, which can be important for sense of belonging. I also avoided attending and speaking at conferences during this time, until this February when I spoke at Inbetweeness in Portugal and whoa it made me feel so much better! I just feel so much more positive being able to once again talk face-to-face to other artists :- ) That brought me back a lot of confidence, because I had a look at the body of work I completed in those 4 years and realized that jesus, so much of that is good and I should be really satisfied where I am in life in terms of work satisfaction (very high). But I had to look at it from outside.

Sorry for TedTalk ;- )

Great job on addressing all aspects of the visuals, the balance of lighting is really impressive. I'm delighted to see some new posts showcasing your inspiring work again.

I can completely relate to feeling uncertain as we grow and develop our skills in a particular field. It's reassuring to hear you acknowledge this, and I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing your other selected works:)