Author Topic: Bronxes Studio _ Christmas Mood  (Read 1301 times)

2018-12-28, 17:34:38

JohnNinos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas, the following video formes a non commercial project that We develop with my colleague Nefeli, our aim was a Christmas interior set up, we had about 4 days to produce it before our Christmas holidays.

Our intension was to focus on a crisp bright space that will produce the Christmas warmth atmosphere. With that being said we started planning our frame and choosing the props that will help us reproduce the Christmas spirit, having in mind that music plays a massive role to an animation video we thought that a minimal vinyl turntable will help us with the mood and at the same time will add a nostalgic tone to the image. We ended up dividing the scene into three depth layers, in the foreground we used some iconic Christmas touches like the Christmas tree with some ornaments and blinking lights, as a second layer which was our focusing point in the scene we placed the turntable and as the background layer we filled up the image with some wrapped gifts, cardboard paper roll and candles just to boost the Christmas playful atmosphere.

In the technical aspect after setting up the composition our most time consuming part was key framing the turntable. Having already some very basic knowledge on key framing and animating objects we thought that a mechanism like that would be suitable to be animated with IK Solvers. We experiment for the first time with IK but we ended up using just simple key frame animation for the most parts and a very basic IK set up for the niddle. For our convenience we set up a loop of the Christmas lights and a full round of the vinyl so we can render it once and multiply it on After Effects. Other than that for the lighting mood, we set up two different Corona Scatters with one "Tree light" each, we animated the light material so it loops every 36 frames and with a step of 18 (half the loops frames) among them. Finally, we placed some spruce derbis on the right hand side of the image with 3ds max object paint that we made it with megascans.

The project was made with 3ds max, Corona renderer, Megascans and After Effects. We render this video on our office workstations in about a day and a half.

Music: Notorious B.I.G. x Cookin Soul | Ready For Xmas | Juicy Xmas

Happy New Year, I hope you enjoy !

« Last Edit: 2018-12-28, 17:52:47 by JohnNinos »

2019-01-04, 11:13:40
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Nice! It's not a very simple scene, but I like it how "minimalistic" the final result is. Maybe slight camera movement would bring more life into it, but that's just nitpicking.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us