General Category > General CG Discussion

Same HDRI - different outputs

(1/1)

CiroC:
Hi guys,

Something strange happened with my scene and is driving me crazy because I cannot see an explanation for why this is happening.

I have been trying a couple of HDRI with this scene and for some I started to get some strange outputs. Since I work with several versions of the same scene, I managed to get to one that doesn't have this problem. The image I attached helps to explain what is happening.

The image on the right is what I expected from the HDRI. The image on the left uses the same HDRI but the output is clearly different.

Any idea why this happening?

maru:
1. Is there a sun present in that HDRI? If so, then the left one could be the correct result.
2. Is there a Corona Sun object in your scene? If so, then it might cause the rendering to look like the left one. Maybe it is hidden? Or on a different layer? Is it listed when you press H?

Update: if this started happening after switching from Corona 1 to 1.2+, then this is most probably sun issue, though it shouldn't be happening any more.

CiroC:
This HDRI is the 1941 Dusk Blue from Peter's HDRI collection. Although there is a sun present in the HDRI is not that powerful to create such strong lighting. http://www.pg-skies.net/products/hdri1941

I had a Sun in the scene, but I deleted, just to make sure it wasn't casting any light. I will have a go with Corona 1.1.1 and see if the happens, but so far everything is fine after I merged a scene with a new file.

Thanks for the help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version