Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244888 times)

2016-05-13, 09:52:55
Reply #1470

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
(...) to 9999mb which is max and which I would love to be able to set up even higher (...)

You may request this as a feature. If there is no real technical reason for this limit and just someone thought "hey, 640k 9999mb ought to be enough for anyone", it should be up to the user how much is used.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-05-13, 09:59:38
Reply #1471

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Quick question about the new light limit improvement, corona seems to report individual faces of an object with a coronaLight material as individual lights, are these included in the 255+ lights speed up? Or is that a ruse and corona just treats the whole object as 1 light?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-13, 10:10:03 by Dippndots »

2016-05-13, 10:15:20
Reply #1472

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
RC6 - .exr dumps containing denoised passes still unopenable by PS + ArionFx or ProEXR (whichever one uses for opening multilayered .exrs in photoshop) nor by any 32 bit image viewing application - maybe there's something wrong on my end, cause I just can't believe what not a single user reported nor confirmed that ...

Hi,
I just tried both mentioned plugins and the exr opens without problems.
Do you have problems with history dumps only? Can you open the exr if you save it manually with "Dump EXR"?

2016-05-13, 10:23:15
Reply #1473

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Quick question about the new light limit improvement, corona seems to report individual faces of an object with a coronaLight material as individual lights, are these included in the 255+ lights speed up? Or is that a ruse and corona just treats the whole object as 1 light?
the whole scene object counts as single light, even if it has multiple faces
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-13, 10:32:15
Reply #1474

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
RC6 - .exr dumps containing denoised passes still unopenable by PS + ArionFx or ProEXR (whichever one uses for opening multilayered .exrs in photoshop) nor by any 32 bit image viewing application - maybe there's something wrong on my end, cause I just can't believe what not a single user reported nor confirmed that ...

Hi Antanas,

Maybe the following is no exactly a solution for your specific problem.
But yesterday I experienced  that I could not open a 13K exr (RC5) in Photoshop with Arion FX enabled.
But after disabling Arion FX, I could open the exr. I posted the problem on the Arion Fx forum.

edit: they (Arion Fx) confirmed it is a bug
« Last Edit: 2016-05-13, 16:14:51 by belly »

2016-05-13, 16:17:47
Reply #1475

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile

Hi,
I just tried both mentioned plugins and the exr opens without problems.
Do you have problems with history dumps only? Can you open the exr if you save it manually with "Dump EXR"?

I just don't know what to say, tried saving those using RC6 yesterday - no go, and as before, only the ones which didn't contain denoising passes (denoising off) were openable - have read your post, tried saving again today - and, bam, today's saved ones open like they should, and yeah problem was with both history ones and manually saved Dump EXRs alike. Don't understand why that happened as both yesterday's and today's saves were done using the same RC6 and were saved from the same scenes.
 The only things which come to my mind are those:
1st - yesterday I didn't restart my pc after installing RC6 and windows, for some reason, continued using some of those older dll's cached in memory cause I did some renders using RC5 earlier that day (not too likely but still)
2nd - I use symlink for corona's render history folder (due to their quite large size and not too much space left on my ssd C drive) which is physically located on E drive and points to the default location (c:\Users\Antanas\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\corona\history) - well it's the same trick I use for many other applications which do not allow user to manually set those program's cache\histories\temps\libraries\etc to some other than default locations which are usually located somewhere deep within c drive and after some time make one wonder where the space on c drive has gone )) Maybe there's some sort of incompatibility or rather instability when using this method with corona's history folder for as far as I understand (maybe I'm completely wrong here) corona first saves vfb contents there and then saves\copies it to some user chosen folder if manual Dump EXR is used. If that incompatibility it is the case indeed, then I would surely want to have the ability to set that history folder manually from 3ds max itself as otherwise the render history function is almost completely useless to me, especially when 4k or larger renders are involved due to those files considerable size which pretty fast fills up precious C drive's space.
3rd - some goddamned windows 10's "black magic" which could be actually related or causing the 2 potential reasons above or something else no less sinister ))

@belly - well yeah it could be that too but the thing is those files were\are unopenable not only by photoshop + ArionFx but by other applications as well - for instance, the one which I use for quick previewing of all 32 bit images http://hdrlabs.com/picturenaut/ couldn't open them too - could you try opening your unopenable by arionFx 13k file using it ? its free and pretty useful for both hdris and exrs alike especially due to it's autoexposure feature which I didn't encounter anywhere else )

@Frood - gotta do that a little later - for now the work beckons again and f***ing phone calls from builders and their ilk don't even let me finish this post and testing the way I would like )

2016-05-14, 20:20:28
Reply #1476

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i was wondering if the  removal of the low thread priority was related to the embree 5% speed increase in  one of the last builds .i have tested more the 1.4 the image quality is better but in all my scenes it takes a lot more to start rendering in my latest scene i have showed in the forum it does not even finish after 30min in 1.3 it takes just 5min i just don't want to use 1.3 to finish this becasue adativity helps me alot in the dof noise.

2016-05-16, 08:13:22
Reply #1477

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
   I am testing Rc3 here. I will update now. But on RC3, Corona is not respecting Turbosmooth Settings for  "render Iters"...It´s only respecting Viewport Interations :( I saw this "bug" before, but , i didn´t reported it yet (my fault)...
    Is this an error or what ?
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2016-05-16, 09:08:32
Reply #1478

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If it's happening with interactive rendering, then it's reported already: https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=813
If it's happening with regular rendering too, then you should report it ASAP.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-05-16, 17:12:24
Reply #1479

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
   Hmmm. INstalled RC7. It seems it´s working on Both interactive and regular. Thanks ! :)

If it's happening with interactive rendering, then it's reported already: https://corona-renderer.com/bugs/view.php?id=813
If it's happening with regular rendering too, then you should report it ASAP.

2016-05-16, 17:48:53
Reply #1480

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
   Hmmm. INstalled RC7. It seems it´s working on Both interactive and regular. Thanks ! :)
Why not the final 1.4 release? ;)
https://corona-renderer.com/download/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-16, 18:34:56
Reply #1481

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did anyone get a bug with interactive, when started it doesn't render anything, just corona sky. Interactive is active and "working", as you pan and orbit corona sky is changing, it just doesn't render any geometry. Fix is to stop interactive, start normal rendering, let it just get to start of first pass, stop it, and after that interactive also works normally.
I haven't reported it on Mantis because it's so damn random, I have no idea how to recreate it. Started somewhere around RC3 or 4, i think. I'm absolutely not sure, but it seems to start bugging like this when Xref objects are introduced into the scene.
Anyone?

2016-05-16, 22:37:09
Reply #1482

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Were there changes made between RC7 and the Final 1.4 release?
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-05-17, 10:31:22
Reply #1483

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Were there changes made between RC7 and the Final 1.4 release?
no
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-23, 02:43:39
Reply #1484

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
hmm. I was working on a project on 1.3... Switched to 1.4, found it very good and seems faster (Parsing, etc). The scene is about 1.3Gb... Some big planes with turbosmooth and Displacament (modifier)... Now i am experiencing Crash after some time doing interactive renders, or just low res renders.I am using HighRES HDR sequences as Enviroment... Like 9K HDR Sky (sequence)... The displacement Maps (used on modifier are mixed with other maps, and they are a bit huge too...

I put a render in very low res, limited to 5min/frame and 600px width, just 15 frames. It rendered ok. So i changed a texture or something else, try to render, and get Low Memory (But windows is showing 70% used and soon after the message, while rendering the same scene again, i got a Crash.
    So, i am working like that...Put a render test, close Max...Open again...Put another test... etc... Any clue about it ???

That scene came from someone user Vray at some stage, so i am always receiving that Vray message when opening the scene, but i just hit ok and go on...
      I am afraid to not be able to finish the job if it starts to crash a lot when i put the final render. My machine is 32Gb ram...

Maybe i will roll back to 1.3 to test if the crashes happens too...