Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244915 times)

2016-05-07, 17:29:04
Reply #1455

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I guess that you are right.
Texture is looking a bit sharper and has better contrast in 1.3 comparing to 1.4 (both textures have 1.0 blurring)

Image filtering (not to be confused with texmap filtering) has been redone in V1.4, that alone may be enough to see some difference between v1.3 and v1.4
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-05-07, 19:13:27
Reply #1456

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Image filtering (not to be confused with texmap filtering) has been redone in V1.4, that alone may be enough to see some difference between v1.3 and v1.4
It was changed back to Tent in a daily a week ago, only default value was upped from 1.5px to 2px. Did I miss some magic?
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-05-09, 07:02:08
Reply #1457

Cheesemsmsm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible to load EXR to VFB or let denoising work without resume rendering?

2016-05-09, 08:21:47
Reply #1458

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Is it possible to load EXR to VFB or let denoising work without resume rendering?
Currently not, but Ondra posted somewhere, that this will be one of the next features they work on.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-05-09, 10:10:02
Reply #1459

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
1.4 RC5

• Fixed default path handling for texture baking

That is fixed in a rather strange fashion, i would say. Could default path be the same as user defined images path (Customize>Configure User Paths>File I/O>Images)?

And by the way, now Corona doesn't save RTT output at all in RC5, even when path is specified explicitly. Will report that on mantis. It works after restart.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-09, 10:26:59 by romullus »

2016-05-09, 11:33:14
Reply #1460

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Low thread priority testings comparing 1.3 public and 1.4 RC2. Unexpectedly dramatic results.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,11884.0.html
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-05-09, 11:43:49
Reply #1461

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Low thread priority testings comparing 1.3 public and 1.4 RC2. Unexpectedly dramatic results.

My guess is that this is not related to thread priority. There were some issues with scene parsing times in RC2. This was partially fixed in RC3 and should be completely fixed in latest build.

2016-05-09, 11:44:54
Reply #1462

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

My guess is that this is not related to thread priority. There were some issues with scene parsing times in RC2. This was partially fixed in RC3 and should be completely fixed in latest build.

I am instaling now 1.4 RC5 tests will be avalible in 30-40 mins

UPD - Added test for 1.4 RC5 There is totaly something wrong.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-09, 12:24:04 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-05-09, 14:11:54
Reply #1463

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
That is fixed in a rather strange fashion, i would say. Could default path be the same as user defined images path (Customize>Configure User Paths>File I/O>Images)?

It cannot be, because 3dsmax is retarded. It has a default path in the dialog that it uses when no other path is present. And it uses that path when creating the materials after rendering.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-09, 14:35:35
Reply #1464

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 Hmm it seems that when denoiser is used with render selected, or at least when it is used in viewport selection mode (didn't try other modes) with the previous rendered image still in vfb (the most useful scenario), it applies that specific denoising (noise pattern\noise normals passes - not sure how they are called) which is calculated specifically for those selected objects, to that whole previously rendered image, thus, probably, because of different noise pattern\pass count, messing that image quite considerably.

+ Something fishy happened to post RC's .exr dump\render history .exrs - I cannot open those of them which contains denoiser passes anymore - photoshop and picturenaut (which I use for quick previews of all 32 bit images) are both showing me this http://c2n.me/3xPVHMo - which has never happened before and I use exr dumps for almost every rendering I do so I should have noticed that - it only happens to vfb dumps containing denoiser passes and there's no difference which 3ds max (2016 or 2017) was used or which scene was rendered. Tried to open those on all of my pc's with the same result.
Not sure exactly which release begun to behave in such a manner but the last .exr containing those passes and the one which can be opened is saved on 25 04 2016 (after that I was preoccupied with some archicad involving work and didn't render much until yesterday) so it seems that was some of the latest pre RC builds as I tend to install them on the day they are released. 
edit: did some reinstalling going backwards from RC5 and it seems that RC2 is the last version which saved .exr dumps with denoising pass which could be opened by Ps or anything else.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-11, 14:10:05 by antanas »

2016-05-09, 16:05:06
Reply #1465

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this happen to me too or similar without low thread priority i just cant render a high ram intensive scene (40min parsing) in 1.3 i can render it just fine i hope low thread priority gets hidden somewhere and not removed.

2016-05-12, 20:00:30
Reply #1466

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
RC6 - .exr dumps containing denoised passes still unopenable by PS + ArionFx or ProEXR (whichever one uses for opening multilayered .exrs in photoshop) nor by any 32 bit image viewing application - maybe there's something wrong on my end, cause I just can't believe what not a single user reported nor confirmed that ...

2016-05-12, 20:16:25
Reply #1467

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
RC6 - .exr dumps containing denoised passes still unopenable by PS + ArionFx or ProEXR (whichever one uses for opening multilayered .exrs in photoshop) nor by any 32 bit image viewing application - maybe there's something wrong on my end, cause I just can't believe what not a single user reported nor confirmed that ...
Do you mean exrs with the extra beauty passes baked in?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-05-12, 21:35:52
Reply #1468

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Well I mean the common vfb exr dumps saved from corona's vfb or automatically saved to corona's render history folder, and yeah there is every pass which was enabled in Render Elements + some usually unseen (denoising related ones) and all of them are non post processed by corona's exposure and highlight compress + there's totally unclamped beauty pass and separate denoised pass even if those were not enabled as a separate ones in Render Elements.
Pre RC3, well the ones which could be opened, looked like this http://c2n.me/3xYBwGU when opened in photoshop using one of the abovementioned plugins and are of tremendous value due to their non processed nature and are most extremely useful for ArionFx's bloom and glare filters and less usable with photoshop's own tonemapping solutions which are sadly pretty basic + there's manual adjusting of denoising by either simply using eraser on some areas where denoiser crunched too much detail or using material or object id passes to separate that denoising pass for different objects and use different blend amounts on those layers\parts to control it but that's possible with regularly saved passes too just more cumbersome

For me, the main point of using those vfb dumps is their unclamped non adjusted nature so one can get quite interesting and different results, well different from those regularly saved and corona adjusted vfb contents + just a simple ease of use cause, well, every pass is saved automatically without any additional fuss. I was especially overjoyed with the introduction of render history because even if I forgot to save that dump it still was available in render history cache folder which I set up to 9999mb which is max and which I would love to be able to set up even higher due to well 4k renders with denoising passes takes around 800mb for single render http://c2n.me/3xYF2Yt and 10gb limit tends to quickly overflow and the older ones are automatically deleted - not a big problem but still.     

2016-05-12, 23:38:32
Reply #1469

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Why denoise struggles to retain bump map detail so much? It does very good job at distinguishing diffuse texture from noise even at very poor SNR, but it fails to preserve much of bump details even in very clean images. Can we ecpect that this could be improved in future versions?