Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244750 times)

2016-05-03, 23:01:12
Reply #1410

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
How is the number of passes being computed?
if i render an image, and use the region to sample some area, the number of pases increases faster(for obvious reasons) And the Noise level gets soo much lower, but i suspect is not the overall noise level.
I hope it make some sense with this words ;)

2016-05-04, 10:02:10
Reply #1411

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
One strange thing i just noticed. While using Btach render 1 image rendered, denoised and saved. 2nd image rendered, denoised and hangs up like if it is still beeing rendered but it can not be canceled it even trys to start new render if the button is pressed. MAX 2014 1.4RC2 (had this bug one time as well in previous version from last week)

Hi,
I can't reproduce this issue, could you provide a scene where this is happening?

Shure, where can i drop 1,55 gigs?

dropbox can handle up to 10G
http://corona-renderer.com/upload

Uploaded filename AUSEKLJA_22_RENDER
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-05-04, 11:28:29
Reply #1412

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Pruned posts. Talks about Delta Tracing was moved here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,11792.0.html
Stay on topic please.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-05-04, 17:30:54
Reply #1413

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh man, it's going to take me awhile to get used to hitting the stop render button instead of the cancel button if I want to apply denoising.

Is it possible to apply the denoising filter to an image in the frame buffer after it's been rendered? or does it require calculations from the render itself to apply the filter?

2016-05-04, 17:37:11
Reply #1414

Alexandre SCELLIER

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.alexandre-scellier.fr
Hi,
When using DrServer (RC3) with default refreshing value (60s), i get washed out stripes on my image ... Got to lower it to avoid the problem.
Regards.

2016-05-04, 17:52:03
Reply #1415

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Oh man, it's going to take me awhile to get used to hitting the stop render button instead of the cancel button if I want to apply denoising.

Is it possible to apply the denoising filter to an image in the frame buffer after it's been rendered? or does it require calculations from the render itself to apply the filter?
we may add it in 1.5 which should follow shortly
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-04, 18:02:05
Reply #1416

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Didn´t noticed that before: Slaves are ignoring cVFB regions and do a full render? At least in RC3 and 160501. Is this known/by design or a bug?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-05-04, 20:25:44
Reply #1417

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it normal behavior for "calculating displacement" phase to utilize only 20-30% of processor power?

2016-05-04, 20:27:59
Reply #1418

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it normal behavior for "calculating displacement" phase to utilize only 20-30% of processor power?

yes, it is really hard to parallelize. We will try to improve it in 1.5 though

Didn´t noticed that before: Slaves are ignoring cVFB regions and do a full render? At least in RC3 and 160501. Is this known/by design or a bug?

Good Luck

This is currently by design, I am not sure how we will proceed in the future. We might try to do online syncing of the regions
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-05-04, 20:44:56
Reply #1419

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Tried my problematic scene with Forest Pack object again with RC3 - parsing time now is much shorter, but it's still not totaly OK, I think. I rendered this scene again and again just pressing render - stop button and I got parsing time in range between 17 to 23 second, few times I've got 13 sec. In most of the cases parsing there was longer than 20 sec. Tried to do the same using build from 2016-04-24 - got stable 10 sec of parsing time

Tried also to render more complex scene (like the one on attached picture) with trees, bushes and grass scattered with Forest Pck. Parsing time is longer for about 20-25% than parsing time with build from 2016-04-24

BTW, what parsing time depends on? I thought that it depends on geometry, but now, making these tests I noticed that it depends also on light direction. For example parsing time for the scene which you can see on attached picture was more than 2 times! shorter  in a case where sun light direction was perpendicular to the long walls of the building (forest_build_RC3_perpendicular.jpg)

2016-05-04, 21:31:49
Reply #1420

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Ondra, figured out that rounded edges bug! :D
Video and description are on Mantis - "0001852: Rounded corners problem revisited".
But long story short, exclusion in rounded corners map doesn't work!

2016-05-05, 07:54:21
Reply #1421

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, was  '' low thread priority '' removed ? im trying the latest rc and wanted to test it on a heavy scene.

2016-05-05, 10:21:53
Reply #1422

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, was  '' low thread priority '' removed ? im trying the latest rc and wanted to test it on a heavy scene.

Please don't remove ltp it is sometimes live saving feature wich alows to parse trough REALY HEAVY scenes.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-05-05, 13:13:43
Reply #1423

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
low thread priority is now always active. You can still influence the priority of 3dsmax by changing its process priority

2016-05-05, 15:51:18
Reply #1424

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks for the answer Ondra, is there any difference from windows priority to max? i feel windows is more unstable for some reason, still i think that button is good to stay there  parsing time out of ram took like 900% more time now.