Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 248258 times)

2016-04-25, 06:34:19
Reply #1335

guest_guest

• Active Users
  • Marcopolo in rendering world!
    • View Profile
memory management appears be better a bit on latest build [24 - 25 Apr.] ....
i hope to see memory compression revolution in 1.4 final ...
« Last Edit: 2016-04-25, 06:47:51 by guest_guest »

2016-04-25, 09:49:06
Reply #1336

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Corona doesn't update native VFB if region render has been chosen rom Corona's VFB. I'm VFB+ user and it's important for me have there updated picture.

Am I the only who have this problem? I've reported here about that three times already and didn't get any feedback or anyhting alse from you. So, tell me at least is it only my problem?

Daily from 21-04-2016, Max 2014

Cheers

Well I'm not sure if I understood you correctly but here's what happens in my case http://clip2net.com/s/3xkqUav - it does work as expected with either pre render or rendertime region selection, dragging and static alike or at least it does so with yesterday's and today's dailies, maybe there was some bug in 21-04-2016's one which was fixed or was fixed by some other fixes or I just didn't notice it )) Well of course native\vfb+ doesn't update interactively while rendering but it never did if it wasn't enabled as the default one in corona's vfb settings and that's the whole point of getting that new and enhanced\vfb+featurelike\hopefully even better)), Coronas own vfb with blackjack and ... well, you probably know the rest ))

Hi

Thanks for your respond!

Sorry my explanation was not clear, I'll try again

I know, that Corona doesn't update native VFB interactively. Normally I use Corona's VFB as primary type in order to access to exposure controls even after render has been stoped. At the same time I normally have the same picture (as it was at the moment when render has been stoped of course) in VFB+ with it's post effects. Starting from daily build 2016-25-03 I have problem with update of native VFB/VFB+. In attached pictures you can see both VFBs, all screenshots has been taken after render has been stoped.

Today I used latest build 2016-04-24, and making this explanation I found, that Corona now doesn't update native VFB if render has been stoped by pressing Cancel button on common Max's rendering window with statistic which appares when render starts, or using ESC button from keyboard. If render stoped with Corona's STOP button, it updates native VFB normally. And it doesn't matter what was rendered - region or full picture. I'm not sure was it the same in previous dailys, I switched back to the older one as soon as I noticed some problem with VFB update.

vfb_full picture_stop - stoped with Corona's STOP button
vfb_full picture_cancel - stoped with Max's CANCEL button
vfb_region_stop - stoped with Corona's STOP button
vfb_region_cancel - stoped with Max's CANCEL button

Cheers
« Last Edit: 2016-04-25, 11:13:48 by Bormax »

2016-04-25, 10:31:19
Reply #1337

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would think that this makes perfectly sense, since "Cancel" now means "Abort without denoising or what so ever.. " and "Stop" means "Stop and finish".

But maybe you don't use the denoiser?

2016-04-25, 11:12:46
Reply #1338

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would think that this makes perfectly sense, since "Cancel" now means "Abort without denoising or what so ever.. " and "Stop" means "Stop and finish".

But maybe you don't use the denoiser?

In these examples I didn't use denoiser

2016-04-25, 11:20:54
Reply #1339

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Bormax. I see that my question could have been more accurate. What I meant by that question was, maybe you haven't noticed this change? (If you don't use the denoiser you probably wouldn't).

Regards

2016-04-25, 11:32:30
Reply #1340

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Bormax. I see that my question could have been more accurate. What I meant by that question was, maybe you haven't noticed this change? (If you don't use the denoiser you probably wouldn't).

Regards

I noticed this change, but I don't understand why it should be connected somehow with VFB update?

2016-04-25, 11:36:35
Reply #1341

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The connection I see is this: If something is aborted/trashed then why save a copy in native VFB?

But I might be wrong :)

2016-04-25, 11:51:40
Reply #1342

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The connection I see is this: If something is aborted/trashed then why save a copy in native VFB?

But I might be wrong :)

To have not denoised region for example. If we are talking about big size picture denoising takes quite much time. Or if I want to render whole picture, not wait denoising and have this picture in VBF+, it's no reason to waite if I change somthing and make quick test to understand how it looks.
I'm use to use ESC button to stop render - it's another reason why I'm wondering about it :)

2016-04-25, 23:07:29
Reply #1343

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Is it possible to copy the Passes from Corona VFB to Max VFB ? So VFB+ can use at least the Zbuffer from Corona ?

I am a VFB+ user too. Usually i use COPY / PASTE buttons to send the image to VFB+ and work on then...
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2016-04-26, 00:51:49
Reply #1344

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Is it possible to copy the Passes from Corona VFB to Max VFB ? So VFB+ can use at least the Zbuffer from Corona ?

I am a VFB+ user too. Usually i use COPY / PASTE buttons to send the image to VFB+ and work on then...

Is this something recent ? (because of Daily's ?)

This is something that works fine for me unless I understand this wrong.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-04-26, 14:57:03
Reply #1345

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Just experienced some strange IR (floating) behavior in daily build 24-04-2016. If I set IR max passes to 30, and makes a region render with Max's Region, then it only render 29 passes in 3 of 4 Viewports. If I select region render in the upper right viewport then it render only 27 passes. If I makes the max passes number higher, then 3 of 4 views will still be rendered 1 pass less, and the last 3 passes less.

I've tried restarting Max (2014 last SP) and I tried resetting Corona. Nothing changes.

Can anybody else confirm this behavior?

2016-04-26, 15:28:52
Reply #1346

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi. Just experienced some strange IR (floating) behavior in daily build 24-04-2016. If I set IR max passes to 30, and makes a region render with Max's Region, then it only render 29 passes in 3 of 4 Viewports. If I select region render in the upper right viewport then it render only 27 passes. If I makes the max passes number higher, then 3 of 4 views will still be rendered 1 pass less, and the last 3 passes less.

I've tried restarting Max (2014 last SP) and I tried resetting Corona. Nothing changes.

Can anybody else confirm this behavior?

I can confirm this, but pass count is not random, it depends on region size. The smaller the region - the less passes IR will render.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-04-26, 15:40:17
Reply #1347

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ahh... That one I didn't catch :) But I don't think this is intended behavior, or?

2016-04-26, 20:25:51
Reply #1348

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I noticed that the Apr 24th release has fixed something I found odd with render regions and adaptivity, and now it works as expected, brilliant!

Previously, two odd things happened - first, when rendering a region I got MUCH better results for that region than the same region looked when rendering the whole image, as if the adaptivity was "focused in" on the small region. This made it impossible to use render region to check anything with adaptivity enabled,as the look was different from rendering the whole scene. This is no longer the case, and results seem identical whether region or scene is done.

The other thing was the recalculation passes value - render region would run fast up until it hit the number set there, and then every pass after that was slow. It made render region significantly slower with adaptivity on (for about 15 passes, without adaptivity was 3 seconds, with it on at the default interval of 5, it was 23 seconds). That also no longer happens!

Just wanted to post to say thanks for the improvements there, and whatever changed, wanted to say it did not go unnoticed!

Max 2017, Apr 24th daily
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-04-28, 10:51:08
Reply #1349

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Many light sampling: old and new. Now there are no light limits
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)