Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 248274 times)

2016-04-22, 20:50:29
Reply #1320

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Corona doesn't update native VFB if region render has been chosen rom Corona's VFB. I'm VFB+ user and it's important for me have there updated picture.

Am I the only who have this problem? I've reported here about that three times already and didn't get any feedback or anyhting alse from you. So, tell me at least is it only my problem?

Daily from 21-04-2016, Max 2014

Cheers

2016-04-23, 21:05:02
Reply #1321

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. In the previous build the "Render/Start IR" button (and others) kept the last used option. This was great as it saved us from constantly waiting for the "Start IR" to fly out - since starting and stopping the IR has become an constantly used workflow function.

BUT unfortunately in today's build this behavior has returned to the old tedious way, and the button is again always set to "Render", no matter what was used last.

So, could wee please have the behavior from previous build back, OR have two buttons - one "Render" and one "Start IR"?

Regards

2016-04-24, 03:44:18
Reply #1322

mahmoudkeshta

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
There is a crash bug in dailybuild 23 april 2016 to figure it :
1- set corona as current render and keep render setting window opened
2- press render and wait it to finish or just cancel it
3- close the render setting window then max will crash.

I tried it on 2 different computers and every time it crashes

Also there is another issue or feature request :

I have a problem with scene assets while using DR because the slave pc can't find the maps and files. I know that I should put all textures and assets in one place in the network but for now I don't have a server I only have 2 computers I use one as a WS and the other one as render node it is very annoying to copy all assets each time between 2 pcs especially the assets are not in one place so I should create archive and extract all assets from it then move it to the other pc. In Vray there is an option called (transfer missing assets) in DR setting. I hope we can get similar one in corona.

2016-04-24, 07:00:14
Reply #1323

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Build 2016-04-23 2, if region render has been used, VFB history shows on preview full picture, but actually stores only this region. Doesn't matter which region has been used Corona's or native. In attachment there are screenshot, picture saved from history and picture saved saved from current VFB - it saves whol picture, as it should be done

3DS Max 2014

P.S. the same thing with native VFB update as 2 posts above

2016-04-24, 11:15:02
Reply #1324

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,
There is a crash bug in dailybuild 23 april 2016 to figure it :
1- set corona as current render and keep render setting window opened
2- press render and wait it to finish or just cancel it
3- close the render setting window then max will crash.

I tried it on 2 different computers and every time it crashes

Also there is another issue or feature request :

I have a problem with scene assets while using DR because the slave pc can't find the maps and files. I know that I should put all textures and assets in one place in the network but for now I don't have a server I only have 2 computers I use one as a WS and the other one as render node it is very annoying to copy all assets each time between 2 pcs especially the assets are not in one place so I should create archive and extract all assets from it then move it to the other pc. In Vray there is an option called (transfer missing assets) in DR setting. I hope we can get similar one in corona.

fixed, I will make bugfix immediately
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-04-24, 11:29:10
Reply #1325

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
bugfix is out
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-04-24, 12:09:52
Reply #1326

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
bugfix is out
Wow.. But, Is today not a holiday in corona team?  :)
Watching development progress It feels like that you never take some rest except sleeping. :P
Cheers!

2016-04-24, 14:43:16
Reply #1327

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
fixed, I will make bugfix immediately

One small Render Setup window related bug still present in DB 04-24:

I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-04-24, 15:19:53
Reply #1328

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, I give up, panorama exporter will just have to continue crashing in some situations. It is impossible to work with that ~ˇ^°˘˘° API :(. Fixed the bug, reverted previous "fix" of panorama exporter

2016-04-24, 15:29:23
Reply #1329

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Why someone would want to use that piec of crap from Autodesk when Corona can render panoramas directly, is beyond my understanding. Even if that someone needs cubic projection, converting from Corona's equirectangular output likely would give better results.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-04-24, 19:11:44
Reply #1330

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Why someone would want to use that piec of crap from Autodesk when Corona can render panoramas directly, is beyond my understanding. Even if that someone needs cubic projection, converting from Corona's equirectangular output likely would give better results.
I reported this problem only because I believe than any crashes are highly unwanted. Even if one is never to use the panorama exporter, Corona should not crash after clicking that button.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-04-24, 19:12:30
Reply #1331

mahmoudkeshta

• Active Users
    • View Profile
bugfix is out

Thanks for your quick response :) . what about DR assets ?

2016-04-24, 20:32:00
Reply #1332

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-04-25, 00:37:03
Reply #1333

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Hoped that "Misc UI tweaks" among others meant reintroducing the "keep latest option" for the Render/Start IR button in VFB. But unfortunately not....

Could we please have that behavior back? I really hate to use that flyout button over and over again, when the other solutions makes things go so much smoother.

Regards

2016-04-25, 02:30:09
Reply #1334

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Hi

Corona doesn't update native VFB if region render has been chosen rom Corona's VFB. I'm VFB+ user and it's important for me have there updated picture.

Am I the only who have this problem? I've reported here about that three times already and didn't get any feedback or anyhting alse from you. So, tell me at least is it only my problem?

Daily from 21-04-2016, Max 2014

Cheers

Well I'm not sure if I understood you correctly but here's what happens in my case http://clip2net.com/s/3xkqUav - it does work as expected with either pre render or rendertime region selection, dragging and static alike or at least it does so with yesterday's and today's dailies, maybe there was some bug in 21-04-2016's one which was fixed or was fixed by some other fixes or I just didn't notice it )) Well of course native\vfb+ doesn't update interactively while rendering but it never did if it wasn't enabled as the default one in corona's vfb settings and that's the whole point of getting that new and enhanced\vfb+featurelike\hopefully even better)), Coronas own vfb with blackjack and ... well, you probably know the rest ))