Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 248533 times)

2016-03-14, 23:19:34
Reply #975

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
AFAIK Vray's checkbox on = 1 in corona. 0 in corona = checkbox off. Try experimenting with it in interactive rendering
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-15, 00:44:15
Reply #976

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, from my tests, I would say that it acts somehow like a threshold variable. 0 = off, and all other values = on, where lower values means more clamping (0,01 = extreme destruction), and higher values means less/softer clamping. For my test scene I found that values between 5 and 6 worked best.

Edit: Just did one more test, and actually I find that value 1 is working really well when "highlight compression" is off (1). The reason why 5-6 seemed better in earlier tests, was that HC was in action too.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-15, 01:02:19 by PROH »

2016-03-15, 02:48:29
Reply #977

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
hmm it seems that interactive and regular modes has some differences in vfb msi clamping behavior http://clip2net.com/s/3vz7MeJ or is it just the difference of interactive vs regular renderer which I didn't observe before ?

2016-03-15, 09:19:50
Reply #978

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you sure it isn't the denoising that makes this difference? (Render with denoiser vs. IR without).

2016-03-15, 09:24:37
Reply #979

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I found that VFB clamping alo kills all "heat" information in Open EXR. Is it somehow pausible for lights and light mtls to be excluded from this proces?

I have attached EXR files for more noticible difference.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-03-15, 09:38:21
Reply #980

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I found that VFB clamping alo kills all "heat" information in Open EXR. Is it somehow pausible for lights and light mtls to be excluded from this proces?

unfortunately it is exactly because it clamps lights that it also solves the AA problems
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-15, 09:42:00
Reply #981

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile

unfortunately it is exactly because it clamps lights that it also solves the AA problems

So it is more like a debug for AA problem scenarios?

2016-03-15, 10:05:17
Reply #982

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Vray works identically. To retain full dynamic range, they both (sub-p, and clamp) have to be off, and only MSI can be used.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-03-15, 10:15:34
Reply #983

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hmm, looks like the "Adaptivity recalc passes interval" spinner doesn't do anything, it's still using 10, no matter what is set.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-03-15, 10:17:52
Reply #984

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hmm, it works for me.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-03-15, 10:19:37
Reply #985

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Hmm, looks like the "Adaptivity recalc passes interval" spinner doesn't do anything, it's still using 10, no matter what is set.

There's a problem that the pass value for very first interval is hardcoded, only following ones respect the value. :/

2016-03-15, 10:55:26
Reply #986

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After a long production phase I've installed the latest daily and try to catch up on latest features.
One question - I remember reading that more than 255 lights are now sampled efficiently but the log still warns about the slower fallback algorithm. What's the current state (build from Mar 12 2016)?

2016-03-15, 11:45:07
Reply #987

mitviz

• Active Users
  • Architectural/Product Modeling and Rendering
    • View Profile
    • MITVIZ
no sure if its the correct thread to post in but i though the denoising happens while the render is going on, i see now that when i end the render it takes a few seconds to denois, also the save all render channel but stil doesnt work sometimes, so weired
Mitviz
Professional Modeling and Rendering Solutions
Intel core i7-5960x cpu @3 GHz, GeForce GTX 970

2016-03-15, 11:57:21
Reply #988

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
no sure if its the correct thread to post in but i though the denoising happens while the render is going on, i see now that when i end the render it takes a few seconds to denois, also the save all render channel but stil doesnt work sometimes, so weired

Denoising only affects beauty and alpha, so far i gues.

2016-03-15, 12:25:51
Reply #989

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Seems to work fine.
But I still didn't find a way to get rid of "black holes" in some cases. So basically if there is an empty area, the sampler will treat it as noise-free and won't refine it at all (at least that's what I think happens). My guess would be that disabling the adaptivity completely every X passes could get rid of this problem, so we would basically intentionally introduce some little noise at some point to retain some details. Does it make sense?

(a1 = re-calculate every 1 pass, a50 = re-calculate every 50 passes, etc)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us