Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 248676 times)

2016-03-09, 22:43:01
Reply #930

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
1. I don't want to render 2x. It's not very "cool" solution

2. Highlight compression doesn't' help

3. I'm waiting for the new solution  ( "VFB MSI" or bloom filter)

2016-03-09, 22:55:22
Reply #931

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
"VFB MSI"

So basically the classic Vray "clamp" value in color mapping = )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-03-09, 22:56:05
Reply #932

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
So basically the classic Vray "clamp" value in color mapping = )
yep. And for the record I would just string-option it as temporary solution until proper bloom is done ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-09, 23:17:47
Reply #933

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think VFB MSI sounds like it could be a valuable temporary solution - but only if "just string-option" is done useable for NON-programmers.

Looking forward to this solution :)

2016-03-09, 23:30:42
Reply #934

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I like the denoiser. Here's my tests with 33.3% increments. In my scene it gets rid of the noise of the cyclorama and fireflys in my case. Thank Corona team.

Jpegs and GIF attached.

2016-03-09, 23:32:57
Reply #935

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 If I remember correctly long ago v-ray used to have such jaggies too and the ability to make them go away was introduced only in 1.4 or 1.5 by sub-pixel color mapping (if I'm not mistaken) and that was a looong wait cause their development pace was very slow back when, yet what a relief that was. As the downside it made the whole image somewhat duller but that was still a good tradeoff cause those aa\light artifacts made some renders times worse yet the dullness was easily correctable in post. Not sure if vray still uses that technique (I remember reading somewhere what they dropped it for some reason some time ago) or is it applicable to corona but it surely is\was better than just color clamping or at least it worked in cases where it failed or worked well in conjunction with it for some extreme cases.

2016-03-09, 23:41:59
Reply #936

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Sub-pixel is set to OFF by default because with universal settings, the highlights become far too dull (they get clamped before tonemapping). Reason why most people didn't mind, is that until recently, IR+LC was very dominant method,
and with common approach to setting subdivs manually high, you could force a lot of subdivs to go as secondary into material, and that would retain some highlights.

The bias is pretty strong, and you can't retrieve local highlights back in post (outside of manually painting them), because there is no information from which to extract, it's clamped. You can just rise highlights overall.

But I too used this often, pretty much by default on every animation :- ) Perfect AA, great speedup too.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-03-09, 23:49:30
Reply #937

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
But, in V-Ray, sub-pixel is completely different than Clamping.
I Corona, sub-pixel is ON by default (user cannot change it). Now, Ondra wants to add a Clamping spinner, like in VRay.
Do I understand correctly?
« Last Edit: 2016-03-09, 23:57:34 by cecofuli »

2016-03-10, 00:07:26
Reply #938

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
@ Juraj_Talcik
Well I agree and probably I needed to write not " it made the whole image somewhat duller" but instead "it made the render much duller" yet still it was quite useful for various quick uglies, and yeah my v-ray experience comes from those times which could be called before "Until recently" ))

@ cecofuli
To be honest, somehow I didn't know that Corona has it implemented already - shame on me ))

2016-03-10, 01:33:59
Reply #939

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the question here is "why do you need to remove it?"

It helps with antialias in some situations, not just tight situations, but also with very thin things like thin cables, if you want to hide it in some advanced place like devel/debug it's ok, but why to completely remove it?

BTW my question about bucket mode remains unanswered :)

Bucket rendering was great when we had troubles with things like DOF or motion blur, does this new adaptivity deal with those situation in the same efficient way?

Cheers.

2016-03-10, 02:29:03
Reply #940

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@ juang3d - from what people have shown in this thread:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,11189.0.html
I believe the answer to your last question is "yes" or " better".

But I'm only mortal.... ;)

2016-03-10, 11:28:50
Reply #941

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
the new adaptivity should be immensely better in all practical scenarios
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-03-10, 12:10:04
Reply #942

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
whether there is the opportunity to save the Dump exr file
without applying DeNoiser filter for /resume render from file/ and /resume last render/ options???
Now it's possible only in time of render process///
Or to make switcher /Denoising Mode/ also interactive, same is Denoise Amount///
« Last Edit: 2016-03-10, 12:17:16 by denisgo22 »

2016-03-10, 19:55:27
Reply #943

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
you can interactively change blend amount from 0 to 1. New daily will have beauty pass with separate controls for denoising, so you can save both at the same time

2016-03-10, 21:28:32
Reply #944

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks!
not pay attention///