Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244814 times)

2016-01-17, 10:46:02
Reply #705

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
done
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-01-19, 09:08:24
Reply #706

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for such a fast response on VR rendering and eye separation! You guys are gr8! ;)

2016-01-19, 09:53:17
Reply #707

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
no problem, just let us know if it works ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-01-19, 12:20:29
Reply #708

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Ondra,

would it be possible to implement "to render out" as cubemaps?
I read (at least that's what I understood) somewhere on the forum that is already fixed??

Can you give us an update?

2016-01-19, 13:31:12
Reply #709

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
currently we support only the sphere maps. They have the advantage of no seams, and are more straightforward to implement - I am not sure how exactly should the eye separation in cube maps implemented. Maybe after we perfect sphere maps, we will experiment with cube mapping

2016-01-19, 15:03:38
Reply #710

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My team is close to finishing a Android and iPhone App to view VR renders from Corona without any corpping etc. Beta testing started today and it works perfectly on some phones:)

2016-01-19, 15:07:08
Reply #711

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
My team is close to finishing a Android and iPhone App to view VR renders from Corona without any corpping etc. Beta testing started today and it works perfectly on some phones:)

Sounds interesting! Keep us updated.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2016-01-19, 17:51:06
Reply #712

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
currently we support only the sphere maps. They have the advantage of no seams, and are more straightforward to implement - I am not sure how exactly should the eye separation in cube maps implemented. Maybe after we perfect sphere maps, we will experiment with cube mapping

The problem I experience is that I do not get crisp images, they are a bit blurry. Even with high resolution images which are converted into cube maps by using Krpano.
According to Stanley Brusse (who converted BB's Libary into VR panorama's) this is due to the fact that the pixel distribution in cube maps is better then in sphere maps.

Or do you have another solution?

cheers

2016-01-21, 12:52:58
Reply #713

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Any GearVR users here? How are you guys viewing your stereo panos? We're hoping to be able to use the ORBX app directly within the Oculus app.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2016-01-21, 13:12:52
Reply #714

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
The problem I experience is that I do not get crisp images, they are a bit blurry. Even with high resolution images which are converted into cube maps by using Krpano.
According to Stanley Brusse (who converted BB's Libary into VR panorama's) this is due to the fact that the pixel distribution in cube maps is better then in sphere maps.
Converting to cube maps makes everything worse. For GearVR latLong images work perfectly fine. Cube maps in theory make sense for animation (less wasted resolution) and if you render it directly (less rendertime). But you'll lose image quality by the mere act of converting.
If your latlong images are blurry, your resolution is not high enough ;) The lowest resolution of latlong images is the pixel line in the middle, the "equator", since the resolution increases to the poles (at the top and bottom you have the whole image width compressed to 1 pixel when projected) you only have to make sure that your equator resolution is high enough. You can calculate the perfect resolution by looking up the display resolution of your device and the field of view. You can only display a certain amount of pixels so there is a sweet spot somewhere. 4096px is usually good enough, but unfortunately you cannot do that in animation...

Any GearVR users here? How are you guys viewing your stereo panos? We're hoping to be able to use the ORBX app directly within the Oculus app.
We're using the default Oculus app. Didn't have any problems with it so far, but we're only using Latitude-Longitude images/videos.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-21, 16:11:08 by DeadClown »
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-01-21, 13:41:10
Reply #715

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Thanks Clown. Do you know if the default Oculus Photos app is compatible with corona-generated stero pano stills directly?

We're trying to find out what the best solution is to view them. Just stills for now, not animation.

Cheers,
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk

2016-01-21, 15:13:29
Reply #716

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Or do you have another solution?

cheers

I have a solition, an App we're developing is using renders straight out of Corona, there is no cubemaps involved, even under the hood of the App:)
 Send me a Private message if you're interested in betatesting.

2016-01-21, 16:06:44
Reply #717

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks Clown. Do you know if the default Oculus Photos app is compatible with corona-generated stero pano stills directly?

We're trying to find out what the best solution is to view them. Just stills for now, not animation.
I haven't tested it myself yet but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. It's just an latitude-longitude image, not matter from which renderer it's coming, so why not :)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-01-21, 19:07:42
Reply #718

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Martin and 88qba88,

What I want to achieve is a VRtour of a project which is viewable with a cardboard and on a website. For the latter, not that many end users have a mobile phone which is capable of doing cardboard stuff. So far I found 2 software packages, Krpano and Pano2vr. In both cases they rely on cubemaps.
And this is where mu blurring problem occurred. The resolution of my latlongs are 6432 pixels)

Do you guys know other packages which are based on latlongs?

@88qba88: PM is on his way

2016-01-30, 09:18:10
Reply #719

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
So first of all, I may be making things up here!  BUT! has anyone else noticed/felt that the interactive renderer in the latest builds is a lot slower and hangs max a lot more than it used to?  Arguably there could be something in my scene that causes this, as I am currently missing a bunch of textures etc, which... does it check for those every time there is a scene change?

Anyway it's faster for me to just hit render and see the first pass than to start interactive at the moment :/ 

Just want to hear if anyone else has noticed something or if my project here is just broken.