Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244801 times)

2015-10-29, 14:33:01
Reply #600

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Alternatively one can adjust hues of his monitor until Corona VFB's icons becomes orange :]

hAHAHAHA
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2015-10-29, 18:17:28
Reply #601

SaY

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I installed RC5 and noticed the region render has changed - the image disappears and only the region is being rendered. Is it possible to keep the entire rendering in VFB, like it was before in ver 1.1?

2015-10-29, 18:36:36
Reply #602

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
SaY - try to uncheck the "Clear VFB inbetween renders" option in System tab

2015-10-29, 18:36:56
Reply #603

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Render setup - system tab - Vfb settings - uncheck Clear VFB inbetween renders - got me confused some time ago too, not sure if it's a good choice to make it on by default ...

2015-10-29, 18:45:06
Reply #604

SaY

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys!

2015-10-29, 19:12:14
Reply #605

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys, maybe the clean install checkbox in the install dialog could be off by defualt. Above problem probably caused by this. Or even make it so that it asks the user if they want to perform a clean install.

2015-10-30, 13:28:05
Reply #606

atelieryork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atelier York
Clear VFB is quite problematic at the moment. In my opinion there should be options so you can clear the whole VFB or simply clear the region.

A good example is where you render the full view, then you want to re-render a region within it. You might want to start that region from scratch, but you can't, without clearing the entire VFB. So a "clear region" option might work here.
Alex York
Atelier York
www.atelieryork.co.uk
max 2016 sp1, corona 1.3 final, win 8.1. pro

2015-10-30, 13:32:35
Reply #607

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
A good example is where you render the full view, then you want to re-render a region within it. You might want to start that region from scratch, but you can't, without clearing the entire VFB. So a "clear region" option might work here.

Just uncheck "clear VFB inbetween renders" and press render - region will be rerendered from scratch.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-11-02, 11:44:10
Reply #608

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Just had an issue where save all flyout didn't show up in Corona VFB. It stayed invisible even after restarting scene or creating new one. It was cured only by restarting 3ds max. Although invisible, flyout still were functional as i was able to save elements by moving and releasing mouse roughly where save all should be. Cannot reproduce though.

2015-11-02, 13:27:22
Reply #609

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
Working now with RC5. IR works only with Corona's VFB. It's not convinient if using native VFB I want to render interactivly only region or selected object only and keep the rest of the rendered picture unchanged to see whole picture.

2015-11-02, 19:06:50
Reply #610

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
RC7 is out - the final RC
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-11-03, 13:31:58
Reply #611

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Hi,

I would like to ask testers to try following string options (just put them into strings text field in debug settings):

float shading.firstPassQuality = 0.01
float interactive.giSamplesMult = 1.00
int interactive.minRenderTime = 33

Basically, these should improve interactivity and convergence of IR rendering at the same time.

float shading.firstPassQuality = 0.01 will set GI/AA balance for the first pass only to 0.01 of the GI/AA balance setting. So in most of the cases, it will set GI/AA for the first pass to 1. This will ensure that camera and material changes will give you nearly immediate feedback.

float interactive.giSamplesMult = 1.00 will set GI/AA balance for all other passes to exactly same number as GI/AA balance value set in performance settings UI. Right now, by default, GI/AA balance for IR passes is only one quarter of regular rendering GI/AA, so if you have 16, it will be 4 for IR. This string will override it back to the same number. The reduction was there originally to improve interactivity, but since string above will now force first pass to run at 1 GI/AA sample, we don't need that anymore.

int interactive.minRenderTime = 33 will set interactive VFB update rate to 33 milliseconds, which should equal roughly 30FPS feedback.

You can of course play with the settings around, but we've found these to be best. They will need to be extensively tested before we can make them defaults, so please try these strings with these exact values first, and report if your interactivity improved or worsened.

Thanks

2015-11-03, 14:34:58
Reply #612

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
There is definitely a difference in "ghosting" when moving camera or objects when this is set to 0.01 and 1, but the difference is not so apparent between 0.01 and 0.25 even if GIvsAA is set to 128. However, if it improves interactivity even a little bit, I think it should be kept.

Doesn't seem to have any negative impact on the IR but I can imagine one would want to decrease this when IRing stuff like DoF or MB and wanting to see a quick preview.

Is there a reason why this shouldn't be set to 1 just to force as fast updates as possible?

The improvement is definitely noticeable when dealing with a scene with lots of high-poly objects.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-03, 14:41:38 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-11-03, 15:04:43
Reply #613

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
There is definitely a difference in "ghosting" when moving camera or objects when this is set to 0.01 and 1, but the difference is not so apparent between 0.01 and 0.25 even if GIvsAA is set to 128. However, if it improves interactivity even a little bit, I think it should be kept.

Doesn't seem to have any negative impact on the IR but I can imagine one would want to decrease this when IRing stuff like DoF or MB and wanting to see a quick preview.

Is there a reason why this shouldn't be set to 1 just to force as fast updates as possible?

The improvement is definitely noticeable when dealing with a scene with lots of high-poly objects.

Regarding float interactive.giSamplesMult = 1.00 - Yes, you want to decrease it for stuff like DoF and MB, but if you have DoF or MB heavy scene, you will likely want to decrease it for your production rendering mode, not just IR. Having interactive.giSamplesMult set to 1.00 means it will simply use production GI/AA value, so if you have heavy Dof Scene where you have your GI/AA set to 4 for production rendering, GI/AA will be 4 in IR as well (after first pass).

As for int interactive.minRenderTime = 33, setting it lower can overflow corona with notifications, and you move your camera around too fast, IR may stop updating at all until you let go. So it's a tradeoff. That being said, Ondra will look into improving IR fluidity at least for camera movement. According to him, there is probably some space for improvement.

None of these knobs will ever be in UI as values for users, so we are really looking for the best defaults.

2015-11-03, 15:12:34
Reply #614

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
After short testing, i set mine to: quality - 0.01, mult - 0.5 and time - 40, i'm a european - 25 fps is enough for me :] But to be honest i didn't noticed significant improvement. Light scenes are fast and heavy scenes are slow equaly with both settings. Whatever you'll come up with as defaults, will be fine for me.