Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244764 times)

2015-06-16, 11:41:25
Reply #135

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
RC2 is up: fixed crash with corona bitmap inside composite map
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-06-16, 15:42:40
Reply #136

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the corona bitmap has a view bitmap option like standard bitmap?, in cant seem to find it, if istn it would be a useful request like when you need to crop some map, like a graphic help.

2015-06-16, 19:02:04
Reply #137

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-06-17, 14:52:44
Reply #138

kregred

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona version: 1.01.00, Maxsdk version: 2014
Build timestamp: Jun 16 2015 16:48:31
Defines: Wide RGB
Corona bitmap works badly in bump slots. Time benefits are there, but the picture gets blurry and unrecognizable textures. Bump with new map became horrible, I couldn't set it up good

2015-06-17, 15:01:27
Reply #139

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Corona version: 1.01.00, Maxsdk version: 2014
Build timestamp: Jun 16 2015 16:48:31
Defines: Wide RGB
Corona bitmap works badly in bump slots. Time benefits are there, but the picture gets blurry and unrecognizable textures. Bump with new map became horrible, I couldn't set it up good
+1
Left - coronabitmap
Right - Standart bitmap
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2015-06-17, 15:22:21
Reply #140

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Kregred and Polymax, how are those bumpmaps made? 1 bitmap or some more complex setup? Screens? Scene?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-06-17, 16:43:36
Reply #141

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Kregred and Polymax, how are those bumpmaps made? 1 bitmap or some more complex setup? Screens? Scene?
bump - one bitmap with default settings (CoronaBitmap and standart). and glossy/refl color through standart ColorCorrect.
Coronabitmap loses detail.

2015-06-17, 16:48:47
Reply #142

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
I find a very little difference using a jpg prepared to be used as bump (the bw map) and a large difference using the diffuse map as bump (colored map). All parameters are as default.

Btw, Corona 1.01 on max 2015.
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-06-17, 17:06:14
Reply #143

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Actually CoronaBitmap seems to preserve detail across different blurring levels. If you change bitmap blur in standard Max bitmap from 1.0 to 0.1, bump will become LOT stronger, where as with CoronaBitmap, bump amount will remain the same. So you will probably need to compensate for it with bump strength.

2015-06-17, 17:19:47
Reply #144

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Actually CoronaBitmap seems to preserve detail across different blurring levels. If you change bitmap blur in standard Max bitmap from 1.0 to 0.1, bump will become LOT stronger, where as with CoronaBitmap, bump amount will remain the same. So you will probably need to compensate for it with bump strength.
in my example blurring level on all bitmaps = default (i.e = 1) and in CoronaBitmap and Standart bitmap.

2015-06-17, 17:24:59
Reply #145

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
in my example blurring level on all bitmaps = default (i.e = 1) and in CoronaBitmap and Standart bitmap.

Yes, i know there is still some difference. Corona does filtering differently to Max's native bitmap. But if you will try blur 0.1, you will see difference will be much bigger ;)

2015-06-17, 17:33:46
Reply #146

kregred

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Me too. The overall impression of the image with a CoronaBitmap - no details. Diffusion also loses detail, but I will check.
p.s. It is too early to state, I first perform the test. And tested for complex scenes, rather than simple balls. ;)
« Last Edit: 2015-06-17, 17:47:46 by kregred »

2015-06-18, 13:09:48
Reply #147

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hey, I checked and I can't produce such visible differences between standard and Corona's bmp. Here are my tests. Can you guess which one is which? :) Used different variations of filtering blur, colored and greyscale images, bump and diffuse. Any advices?

2015-06-18, 15:30:15
Reply #148

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Hey, I checked and I can't produce such visible differences between standard and Corona's bmp. Here are my tests. Can you guess which one is which? :) Used different variations of filtering blur, colored and greyscale images, bump and diffuse. Any advices?
Maru, really you can't see any differences between the 2 sphere in the first image? IMHO it seems you use two different picture for bump, the left one is a lot more defined than the right one, and this is probably more evidenced with a glossy material.
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-06-18, 15:38:04
Reply #149

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maru, really you can't see any differences between the 2 sphere in the first image? IMHO it seems you use two different picture for bump, the left one is a lot more defined than the right one, and this is probably more evidenced with a glossy material.
You are right, but it is not as apparent as in examples posted above. Btw, Corona bitmap is the left half.