Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 248090 times)

2015-06-02, 23:38:10
Reply #90

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, none of the heavy scenes that ive try open, 3dsmax send an error and closes, dont know what it is exactly but later on the evening i will give it another test, for the moment tried with 4 different really heavy scenes and none of them open, similar as the error with the targets on lights some versions ago.hope it helps. (all of these scenes have forest plugin and nothing else)

2015-06-03, 13:55:09
Reply #91

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Hi, none of the heavy scenes that ive try open, 3dsmax send an error and closes, dont know what it is exactly but later on the evening i will give it another test, for the moment tried with 4 different really heavy scenes and none of them open, similar as the error with the targets on lights some versions ago.hope it helps. (all of these scenes have forest plugin and nothing else)
So some sort of latest build's incompatibility with forespack is most likely a culprit, both in your case and in mine, your's is probably crashing due to running out of ram - mine just hangs on scene parsing with slow but constant ram consumption growth, just because I've got 64gigs of it and it cannot fill all of it at once. Just to clarify - I use max 2016 and Forest Pack Pro v4.3.8b and again have no such problems using previous builds - maybe that's somewhat related to the way FP scatters objects, as it most probably uses particles with some sort of instancing for that, and Corona got this new Particle Flow instancing itself in those latest builds so ...

2015-06-03, 15:19:13
Reply #92

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, but is not ram issue related because i have 64 gigs of ram on one machine and 48 on another one and the same error on both, using 3dsmax 2014 and fores 437, i will try 438 to see if it will open at least.

2015-06-03, 16:18:26
Reply #93

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Tested Corona Bitmap in last build - 2015-06-01
1. using real world scale, scale value is wrong. You also don't see the measurement unit you're working with in textbox.
2. preview in viewport doesn't work. Actually, you can see the bitmap with uncorrect scale (fitted if not real world scale)
3. changing between real world scale and not-real world scale in Corona bitmpa parameter causes an offset in mapping
4. using mirrored instead of repeated tiling works wrong as max bitmap: it use half size scale; can Corona work better than max in this? ;)

regards
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-06-03, 16:26:10
Reply #94

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Please put all of these in bug reporting section or on Mantis.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-06-03, 18:00:13
Reply #95

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Please put all of these in bug reporting section or on Mantis.

Ok. Actually, I did suppose that it's a little bit early to talk of bugs, I consider Corona bitmap in an Alpha stage ;)

Btw, done:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,8292.0.html
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2015-06-03, 18:28:57
Reply #96

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
just the fact that CoronaBitmap is in alpha stage does not make this thread less cluttered and confusing when we have to search for bug reports in the last 5 pages ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-06-04, 00:08:52
Reply #97

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
New daily: another big progress on CoronaBitmap, and also stability fixes. If you had a scene that crashed during parsing, please try it with the new build: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7238.msg54911.html#msg54911
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-06-04, 15:11:03
Reply #98

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 Tried latest daily - got the same issue, got irritated, done some thorough scene digging\checking\debugging and it seems I've finally found the culprit which happened to be Laubwerk's plants (again!!!) - replicated the process on an empty scene, imported those trees via Laubwerk's Plant Library Browser and got the same infinite scene parsing in that tree only containing scene too.
 One should be aware for it only happens when the trees are imported using high quality settings and are displayed as a convex hull or pointcloud model in the viewport, because if they are displayed as a normal geometry or are converted to e.p. or e.m. afterwards they render fine, still as I've wrote earlier it happens only with current 2015-05-28 - 2015-06-03 1.01 dailies and did not occur with previous ones. It would be good if that could be fixed as I've come to liking Laubwerk's trees partially because of their speedy convex hull viewport preview models which, as one can easily guess, is very useful on heavy scenes.

2015-06-04, 15:23:24
Reply #99

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Antanas, could you please check two things:
-in any scene, select any Laubwerk plant object > hit render
-in the same scene, deselect all, or select any object OTHER THAN Laubwerk > hit render
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-06-04, 16:21:36
Reply #100

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Tried that - strange thing is this time I've got no crashes doing either of that, maybe I was a little too hasty to point Laubwerk's plants as a culprit or at least as a sole culprit as they still triggered that crash\hang a few times and I'm still getting those crashes on the above scene so will try to do some even more thorough investigation... 
« Last Edit: 2015-06-04, 16:46:25 by antanas »

2015-06-05, 11:46:58
Reply #101

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
New 1.1 bitmap update
  • Added option of entirely disabling filtering

How to do that? Initially i thought that setting blur to 0 will disable filtering, but it turned out that there still some filtering going on.
Scratch that, i guess i'm confusing filtering with interpolation.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-05, 16:53:50 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-06-05, 12:48:57
Reply #102

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"2, Future native support of 3ds Max Bitmap (3dsMax bitmaps will be internally converted to CoronaBitmaps on each render)"

Now this... sounds interesting.. But I guess maybe sometimes after core rewrite? 1.5, 2.0 maybe?

2015-06-05, 14:59:00
Reply #103

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
ok, let me know if you find any simpler scene with similar problem.
Hello, I found another older production scene which suffers from the same behaviour as the above one and as it is way lighter I can upload it for your testing, but the thing is it might be unnecessary to upload for almost any scene containing forest pack objects acts the same way, even those which are posted in their tutorials section, thus you can easily replicate that.
 Strange thing is, all those (mine and theirs) scenes render fine when material override is enabled and some textureless material is applied, but if that override material is containing some bitmap\texture it mostly hangs and if does not hang at the start it does so on render stop after some tremendously slow scene parsing and very slow render - stranger still it does not hang if that material is containing some procedural maps like checker etc. instead of texture so most probably that is not instancing nor laubwerk plants related bug after all or not only at least.   

2015-06-05, 15:57:48
Reply #104

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hey antanas, could you log it on mantis? I'm affraid your report could lost here among all debates.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures