Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.0 - 1.4  (Read 244999 times)

2015-05-29, 18:10:24
Reply #75

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Feel a bit unlucky with CoronaBitmap. Tried it on two scenes and in both occasions results were dissapointing. One scene after conersion renders more slowly (5:49 vs 5:08) and has a lot troubles with normal maps. Other scene after conversion crashes when trying to render.
I'm converting those scenes with Martin's material converter.

Will make proper bug report on mantis later.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-05-29, 18:28:14
Reply #76

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Well, there is still a chance that I broke something with my conversion.. :D
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-05-29, 18:46:46
Reply #77

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
While it is not your script's fault, but converting tiled bitmaps gives very different results than original scene. I think it's quite a big problem and should be adressed.

2015-05-29, 22:30:58
Reply #78

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Absolutely, I saw this too and it's already logged in mantis :)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-05-30, 14:23:11
Reply #79

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Guys could you please post a screenshot of the CoronaBitmap ?
At the very moment I don't have time to try Daily but I so much want to see it.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-05-30, 15:35:23
Reply #80

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Hmmm, as requested by Ondra before, I wanted to do some tests of 2015-05-28 1.01 build on some older production scene which was originally done using v 1.00.02 or maybe 2015-03-25 build - most probably the latter.
OC cam 01 by Antanas Sprindzhiukas, on Flickr -
Instead I've got infinite scene parsing with constantly growing ram consumption which has gone up to 35gigs and surely wanted more when I terminated it using task manager - previous 2015-05-05 buid renders it without such behavior so I'm rolling back there for a moment.
No conversion to corona bitmaps were done, I just wanted to test memory consumption\speed difference with and without it.
The scene itself is quite heavy, (originally it chews up something round 27gigs of ram to render) and is quite badly optimized as it was originally done in archicad and then brought into max and one can easily guess what getting "clean" geometry is not always possible that way. Why so - well the whole designing and viz process took me no more than 2.5 days (no more than some 10h for the viz itself) and lots, lots of coffee - do in time or go home scenario this one so there surely were no time for any optimizations and bug hunting - just a good old bruteforce feature\prop cramming, still the contractors were happy and are already past the third floor building it so I'm pretty happy about it too)) All of the vegetation is scattered using Forestpack if that matters and something tells me it probably does...

To Juraj this http://clip2net.com/s/3iwiXpU is how it looks - not that much to look at the moment but the possibilities are quite promising ))

2015-06-01, 20:14:43
Reply #81

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
CoronaBitmap update coming in few minutes.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-06-01, 21:23:02
Reply #82

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, little mistake in the build, wait for new one ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-06-01, 21:52:05
Reply #83

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Too late, i already downloaded and my computer exploded :[

Didn't found anything about gamma bug in changelog. Hasn't fixed yet?

2015-06-01, 23:00:13
Reply #84

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Gamma still ignored, but output works

2015-06-01, 23:31:51
Reply #85

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
aaaaand second try with the build ;)

2015-06-02, 01:55:43
Reply #86

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Sadly still the same - infinite scene parsing on this one too (

2015-06-02, 09:05:53
Reply #87

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Any CoronaBitmap in displacement? Can I have the scene?

2015-06-02, 16:47:12
Reply #88

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Any CoronaBitmap in displacement? Can I have the scene?

Hi, the thing is I hadn't done any standard map to corona bitmap conversions - just opened that 2 (or more) months old scene and tried to do some rendering comparisons before conversion and after and got that nasty infinite scene parsing even without doing any conversions - tried resetting render settings too but to no avail (
  I can try uploading that scene (just tell me where) but it is really heavy - max file itself is huge even without textures (and there are some really big ones there like 1.5gb satellite imagery tree growth masks etc.) tree proxies etc etc plus as I said before is quite badly optimized as for now and is just a small visible part of this scene http://clip2net.com/s/3iFgNrz which is still heavily wip (quite an early wip in that render no unique buildings at that stage) but you can easily guess why it is so heavy and unoptimized and why I'm so concerned with the possibility of increased memory consumption too )) - stil it did render on all of the previous builds even though by chewing lots of ram, but now with 1.1 dailies it does not even go past that goddamned scene parsing (
 Why I decided to make such a large scale scene - well the thing is (insanity aside)), it covers or more exactly will cover all of the region where I live and mostly work - both as an architect and 3d viz artist (or how it's called )) and after all those years it got somewhat annoying to build background environment from scratch for each new site I'm working on so I decided to do it once and for all, even if just in most general way yet with all most noticeable landmarks and some of more unique buildings etc. which makes that city\area recognizable and then just add some more details closer to the currently worked on site environment when i need to - it is quite and ambitious project to undertake but even if somewhat slowly I'm still getting there and Corona does hell of a good job for such scenes. 

2015-06-02, 17:16:46
Reply #89

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, let me know if you find any simpler scene with similar problem.