Author Topic: Corona 8 License issue  (Read 7867 times)

2022-04-19, 01:33:51

cgbeast

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just updated to Corona 8.  When I access 3ds MAX 2022 and switch to Corona, It shows that there is no license. Before I would get a license popup window that allowed me to activate my license. Now I select Activate License and when I try it crashes 3ds MAX. Thoughts?

2022-04-19, 10:14:23
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-04-20, 15:07:05
Reply #2

hsandres1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm facing the same problem

2022-04-20, 16:55:07
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I'm facing the same problem

Have you tried the solution I suggested in my previous message? (check the article, then contact us if the issue is not resolved)

2022-05-11, 17:33:59
Reply #4

twcg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Same problem here...
Uninstall procedere done as described in the troubleshooting, reinstalled everything.

The License Server is running, we can reach it via localhost:30304 and are able to sign in...

Nonetheless:
- extremely slow 3ds Max Startup after Corona 8 update (especially loading the ChaosScatterMax2019.dlt and ChaosMax2019.dlt)
- when 3ds is ready, switching the renderer to Corona also causes a freeze of 1-2 minutes
- when we try to start a rendering we get an error message that no license was found (-2)
- activating the license via the button in the render settings causes a crash

Win 10, latest Updates, 3ds Max 2019, Corona 8

2022-05-11, 19:39:42
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Same problem here...
Uninstall procedere done as described in the troubleshooting, reinstalled everything.

The License Server is running, we can reach it via localhost:30304 and are able to sign in...

Nonetheless:
- extremely slow 3ds Max Startup after Corona 8 update (especially loading the ChaosScatterMax2019.dlt and ChaosMax2019.dlt)
- when 3ds is ready, switching the renderer to Corona also causes a freeze of 1-2 minutes
- when we try to start a rendering we get an error message that no license was found (-2)
- activating the license via the button in the render settings causes a crash

Win 10, latest Updates, 3ds Max 2019, Corona 8

That's very strange. I am not familiar with this issue at all. If you haven't done it yet, can you please contact us here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2022-06-21, 17:49:41
Reply #6

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
I'm also facing Issues with Corona 8 and licensing Errors.

In my case I tried to open 3dsmax 2020 with corona8 (via multiloader Batch-File - setting "Load-Path" to corona 8 plugin) on a second machine accessing Chaos_License Server.

There is a 3dsmax2020 running on my Laptop accessing the 1 Corona License i got on my Chaos-License_Server on the network. All this runs fine.

But when i open 3dsmax with corona8 as described before and try to set the render to corona on an empty scene. I get following error and crash - after hitting the options.
I know it would be better to have 2 Licenses .... but that just happend to test various reallife situation, where you might open a scene, alter things and realize you need to swith the render-engine.

2022-06-22, 13:44:03
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It definitely should not crash. Please contact us about this here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
We may not be able to provide full licensing-related support over the forum (we may need some confidential info like the registered email address or order number).

Thanks in advance.

2022-08-21, 21:10:44
Reply #8

iulicny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have also problem with license. I´m really pissed of right now because i can´t do anything for 2 days in 3ds max.
I purchased corona from day one but now I just can´t use it. I can see in "my products" section in my chaos page that i have active corona renderer with auto renewal but under licenses there are none. It was working untill i downloaded latest version. I tried everything but still... .no license.

2023-01-04, 09:20:26
Reply #9

neon

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

Is someone have find solution about this issue?

Impossible to update my corona to 8 or 9 because of this.
Error -199, 3ds max crashing while trying to connect license server.

Even corona's guy didn't found the solution.

I have to say that paying 73€/month not havong updated version is really annoying...

2023-01-04, 11:13:03
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi!

Is someone have find solution about this issue?

Impossible to update my corona to 8 or 9 because of this.
Error -199, 3ds max crashing while trying to connect license server.

Even corona's guy didn't found the solution.

I have to say that paying 73€/month not havong updated version is really annoying...

Hello, I am really sorry for this and can understand your frustration. An agent from the Tech Support Team is currently assigned to your case and she will do her best to help you.

It's a weird case, this is not something happening commonly. I am guessing that it may be some issue with Windows or 3ds Max installation.

2023-11-23, 17:57:29
Reply #11

capekova7373@gmail.com

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello, has anyone had a similar problem? I bought a corona student license, but I can't activate it, even though I followed all the necessary procedures in my license server, it keeps telling me that none are active. Has anyone had a similar problem

2023-11-23, 18:05:55
Reply #12

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, I am sorry, but are unable to help with payment or license-related issues on the forum. Please submit a new support ticket here and the dedicated team will help you: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Thanks!