Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175808 times)

2021-03-15, 09:08:22
Reply #165

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
guys, I noticed two things that might be a bug with this version 7.

When using tyFlow, if I Try to render using tyCache in mesh mode the max just freezes, and I have to kill max in task manager.

another time when I had set my refraction ior too high while using interactive and corona legacy material, the memory use jumped to more than 80gb and max freezed too, before changing this setting the memory use was like 13gb.

I Hope this helped.

Hi,

Which exact daily build are you using? Could you also please send through some example scenes which demonstrate these issues?

Instructions on how to send scenes to us can be found in my signature.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-03-18, 08:28:25
Reply #166

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
I'm having an issue with IR on the latest build. It seems to restart rendering constantly if the mouse cursor is hovering in any of the viewports. If I move the cursor outside of the viewports, it renders fine. I don't recall this happening in my other scenes with this build, but this scene has an animated timeline (not playing when IR).
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2021-03-18, 09:28:56
Reply #167

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm having an issue with IR on the latest build. It seems to restart rendering constantly if the mouse cursor is hovering in any of the viewports. If I move the cursor outside of the viewports, it renders fine. I don't recall this happening in my other scenes with this build, but this scene has an animated timeline (not playing when IR).
Hi Jens,

Are you able to send this scene to us? We have had this issue reported sporadically to us over the years, but sadly we have never been able to reproduce it.

Instructions on how to send the scene are in my signature.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-03-18, 10:26:07
Reply #168

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I'm almost sure it's FPP 6.2.x with an animated camera, referenced in a forest object (@Rowan: see ticket #184420).

To test:

• switch to a one viewport layout, move away from the scene - looking into the sky for example
  • remove the camera reference from all FPP objects
  • delete all keys of the animated camera
  • delete all FPP objects
  • update to a newer FPP version (which one do you use Jens?), I could not repro this with 6.3.1 (which we currently use) any more

If IR stops restarting in any of the above cases, it's the FPP bounding box issue: As soon as the mouse hovers over the bounding box of a FPP object, IR restarts. Maybe you could check this.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2021-03-18, 11:00:21
Reply #169

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Well I never even installed ForestPack Pro (Trialled it once time ago) yet I encounter this issue from time to time as well. Just hovering mouse outside of VFB :- ).

Now that animated timeline was mentioned... that's something I will look for association next time it happens.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2021-03-18, 11:16:31
Reply #170

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Interesting. I almost never have a non-animated timeline but encountered this only in conjunction with FP. But at the same time, I do not own a similar demanding display gadget accumulation like you :]

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2021-03-18, 16:55:18
Reply #171

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi Jens,

Are you able to send this scene to us? We have had this issue reported sporadically to us over the years, but sadly we have never been able to reproduce it.

Instructions on how to send the scene are in my signature.

Cheers,

Rowan

Done.

I have also uploaded a new file as I now get crashes on render. This is after I tried to roll back from the nightly vray5 and phoenix + corona 7 builds to the "stable" official releases (I need to send this project to a cloud render service later). I have then tried to uninstall corona, vray and phoenix first + deleted ENU folder, restart and then install the stable releases. Main issue here seems to be the displacement of the phoenix ocean tex. It crashes the scene every time even though I made new maps and deleted the old. It works okay solo in a fresh scene, but there's some old setting somewhere that makes it crash.

update: it is something in the render settings that triggers this. I have tried merging stuff from the old scene in to a new scene and if I include the "render settings", the crash on render starts. So I have uploaded two small test scenes. One WITH the merged in "render settings" that crashes and one WITHOUT that merged "render settings" that works fine.

2021-03-19, 09:31:36
Reply #172

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Jens,

Scenes saved in newer versions of Corona are not expected to work in older versions of Corona and can lead to crashes etc.. See: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds

I'll take a look at the scene nonetheless, however I would advise against opening scenes saved in newer versions of Corona in older versions.

I will also take a look at the scene with the IR refreshing, can you tell me the name of that scene?

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-03-19, 14:10:44
Reply #173

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I have also uploaded a new file as I now get crashes on render. This is after I tried to roll back from the nightly vray5 and phoenix + corona 7 builds to the "stable" official releases (I need to send this project to a cloud render service later). I have then tried to uninstall corona, vray and phoenix first + deleted ENU folder, restart and then install the stable releases. Main issue here seems to be the displacement of the phoenix ocean tex. It crashes the scene every time even though I made new maps and deleted the old. It works okay solo in a fresh scene, but there's some old setting somewhere that makes it crash.

update: it is something in the render settings that triggers this. I have tried merging stuff from the old scene in to a new scene and if I include the "render settings", the crash on render starts. So I have uploaded two small test scenes. One WITH the merged in "render settings" that crashes and one WITHOUT that merged "render settings" that works fine.

Hi
When I rolled from Corona 7 DBs back to Corona 6 it was enough to reset Corona render settings in scenes saved under Corona 7, after that Corona 6 worked fine for me. Otherwise Max crashed when I tried to render those scenes without resetting.

2021-03-19, 14:20:05
Reply #174

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi Jens,

Scenes saved in newer versions of Corona are not expected to work in older versions of Corona and can lead to crashes etc.. See: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds

I'll take a look at the scene nonetheless, however I would advise against opening scenes saved in newer versions of Corona in older versions.

I will also take a look at the scene with the IR refreshing, can you tell me the name of that scene?

Cheers,

Rowan

I think the file name was this one: "Vindoe_environmnt_oktagon_v51-local.v06" I'm uploading a new scene, this time in max 2021 and with corona v6 that also has the IR refresh bug.

I tried switching to max 2021 instead of my current 2020, as max kept bugging out (keyboard shortcuts didn't work and couldn't click max' menus). So not able to save or anything, but could navigate and use viewports and the command panel. So weird. If I try and close the max window it does so immediately, no prompt asking for saving, no max crash report etc. But 3dsmax.exe keeps running in the background. I'm not getting this bug with the scene in max 2021, but now there IR bug is back! Argh, this project is cursed! I do think it could be tied to vray5/phoenix as all these bugs came after installing and using those.

*update in case anyone else had his bug* the bug with not being able to click menus and keyboard shortcuts not working only happens when I open the material editor (slate). Then it activates the same second. There's a phoenix ocean tex and foam tex amongst a couple of corona maps and materials in there. It happens with the newest "stable" vray version: vray_adv_51001_max2020_x64. If I install 51000 instead, bug is still there. BUT if i go back to 50005, the bug is no longer there.
« Last Edit: 2021-03-19, 14:34:35 by Jens »

2021-03-20, 08:26:56
Reply #175

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Interesting. I almost never have a non-animated timeline but encountered this only in conjunction with FP. But at the same time, I do not own a similar demanding display gadget accumulation like you :]

Good Luck

There might a list of features with some similar "attributes" that cause excessive refresh. I.E:

- Physical camera with Target and something else going on
- ForestPack with Physical camera animated
etc..

When this happens to me, it's usually in larger scenes already and it's really hard to diagnose (Also at that point of project I no longer have enough life energy to do diagnosing).
But it's almost always tied to behavior with camera I don't think I ever had this issue in rendering IR from viewport.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2021-03-21, 03:28:35
Reply #176

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is there a way you guys can add a feature to Coron Multimap where you can add a self illumination or lighting enabled map so that some random elements in a model can be lit?

2021-03-21, 07:30:07
Reply #177

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is there a way you guys can add a feature to Coron Multimap where you can add a self illumination or lighting enabled map so that some random elements in a model can be lit?

You can use Corona Multimap inside Layered Material as a mask, or you can plug Multimap to the Self-illumination slot of Corona Material

2021-03-22, 06:00:03
Reply #178

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

You can use Corona Multimap inside Layered Material as a mask, or you can plug Multimap to the Self-illumination slot of Corona Material

Thanks!

2021-03-22, 21:31:25
Reply #179

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
DB 22-03-2021 - updated PhysicalMaterial is great! Clear coat now works exactly as I want it to work - thank you guys!

Could you, please, give some information about Edge color - does it just tint reflection on the surface  at a glancing angles of viewing or it does something more?
Also would like to know, is it enough simply invert glossiness map to get roughness map with the same visual representation of material, or some other adjustments have to be done in order to convert glossiness map to roughness map properly?