Author Topic: BarchRender: Saving ONLY main cxr file with all render elements embedded.  (Read 4504 times)

2020-02-28, 11:17:07

ian_arva

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, when i have Batch render enabled, everytime the rendering process ends, 3dsmax starts to save the main huge CXR file, and also it saves after that ALL render elements in separate cxr files.So i end up with too many saved cxr files which are no use, since the main cxr file has all elements in it embedded.
Is there a way we can avoid saving automatically all these cxr elements and having only the main cxr file saved?
Thank you.

2020-03-02, 16:40:39
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, no way to avoid it as far as I know, as this is how Max handles saving (not a Corona thing).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-03-04, 15:35:54
Reply #2

ian_arva

• Users
    • View Profile
Somehow, by accident i suppose (since i dont know how i did it...) i managed to save only the big cxr file during the 2 first batch render cameras. The rest 3 out of 5 were saved will all cxr elements....! No idea how...!

2020-03-04, 17:22:47
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We actually have this reported by multiple users with some details and examples, and so far it seems to be a 3ds Max bug/feature. We reported it to Autodesk and are waiting for their findings.
It seems (according to what we know so far) that this is because 3ds Max keeps the information about output settings (such as jpg compression % and also whether to save render elements inside a single exr or not) per-system rather than per-scene. So if you save a scene with a specific setting on one computer, and then send it to another computer, then 3ds Max will read the settings from this new computer. This can lead to all sorts of troubles with an example being the same image saved with different jpg compression when rendered on two different computers.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-12-03, 11:39:18
Reply #4

dianalacruz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any news on that?
Maybe using State Sets? I've never used it, and don't know if it will allow that.

Thanks!

2021-12-03, 11:44:33
Reply #5

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Hello :)

AFAIR, the only way I found was to use the trick found by Daniel Schmidt, PSDManager dev: once you get PSDM installed, you can set REs output to .xxx, which sort of shunts REs standard output. The result of that is the PSD output file generated by PSDM embeds all your REs, without any additional output files ... nice and clean. Maybe something to look at on that side ?
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2022-05-06, 07:18:03
Reply #6

fistwood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, any updates on this one? Did anyone suggest for Corona to have save VFB menu itself like VRay? I think that's the best solution , so it is not dependent on the 3ds max native save file.