Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130639 times)

2020-04-20, 11:59:09
Reply #195

JohnnyHuman

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey all,

Has anyone had any success rendering motion blur with tyflow? I set up a basic flow with raindrops and it crashes max right after the scene parsing.

2020-04-21, 00:01:29
Reply #196

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you're lucky they responded to you. do you have the 3d connexion controller?

Hello!
Yes, I have this device. I would never have guessed that it was because of him. I’ll try to install an older version of the drivers, since I began to notice such a thing after their recent update.
I got a "3DxWare64_v10-6-0_r2972" and I had no complaints at that time!
Thanks for the advice.
you're welcome. I blamed Corona for months but it turned out 3d Connexion's fault! I found out when I came back to max's physical cameras and the same camera shifting on it's own issue was still happening. by the way 3d connexion just released the latest driver today so we might try that to see if they fixed it. I keep putitng my left hand further left every time I want to move the camera I got so much used to the 3d mouse.

Update, 3d connexion today's released driver 10.6.6 still causes unanted random shifting in max 2020 and 2021, all you need to do is draw a box, add camera, shift the lens, then select and inselect the box 3 or 4 times in the viewport and watch the camera shift on itself. Goodbye my NZD $1000 3d mouse :(
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21, 04:27:12 by ihabkal »

2020-04-21, 09:14:36
Reply #197

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Update, 3d connexion today's released driver 10.6.6 still causes unanted random shifting in max 2020 and 2021, all you need to do is draw a box, add camera, shift the lens, then select and inselect the box 3 or 4 times in the viewport and watch the camera shift on itself. Goodbye my NZD $1000 3d mouse :(

Seems to work better for me now (max 2020 sp3), but I can still fuck it up if I use the spacemouse on the camera when it has automatic tilt enabled, but I can't recreate it as you describe by just clicking in the viewport (I sure had  it on the older driver version, but more randomly. Will have to monitor this, but fingers crossed! Have you tried going back to v.10.6.0? Seemed more stable to me on this issue. Also now seems like you can undo these buggy vert tilt camera moves done with the spacemouse? - It's all off topic for the corona daily discussion, so I think you/we should continue this over on the 3dconnexion forum :)
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2020-04-21, 12:00:17
Reply #198

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi,

Will the 'TAB' issue (in colour picker) be fixed soon? This is an annoying little problem...

(If this isn't already discussed, you can't press TAB to go in to the next color value, as previously done).

Thanks
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2020-04-21, 20:58:09
Reply #199

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
TY Flow motion blur does not work here as well - 3ds max 2018.4 +Corona 5.  Crashes on parsing. I had high hopes on Corona 6 daily builds that it solves this.
If recall accurately someone submitted similar issue  onto chaosgroup forum - there is something related with velocity of particles when using triangle mesh.

I decided to check if there is a workaround  for rendering just motion blur out of the particles generated with TY Flow.
With Vray Next a simple scene works fairly well. Same scene with Corona - crashes at parsing.

"Export particles to objects" within TY flow seems to help rendering motion blur with Corona. Have not messed around with all the available options there, but at least it renders without crash.
Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2020-04-22, 14:01:41
Reply #200

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
One clarification about motion blur (it was asked in this thread):
Motion blur for changing topology geometry is still not supported, but it works with Phoenix. This is because Phoenix generates motion blur data and we are able to utilize it to calculate the motion blur predicted for the next frame. So it's not really changing topology, but it looks and works good enough. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-04-22, 14:04:34
Reply #201

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Well, this looks nice!

No PhoenixFD here unfortunately... did we get anything on the max fluids side in regards to motion blur? I'd certainly love to see this.

Not getting an answer probably means 'no', right?

I am not aware of any updates regarding Max fluids. Is it popular? We are not getting any requests about this via support either.

2020-04-22, 14:15:31
Reply #202

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hey all,

Has anyone had any success rendering motion blur with tyflow? I set up a basic flow with raindrops and it crashes max right after the scene parsing.

TY Flow motion blur does not work here as well - 3ds max 2018.4 +Corona 5.  Crashes on parsing. I had high hopes on Corona 6 daily builds that it solves this.
If recall accurately someone submitted similar issue  onto chaosgroup forum - there is something related with velocity of particles when using triangle mesh.

I decided to check if there is a workaround  for rendering just motion blur out of the particles generated with TY Flow.
With Vray Next a simple scene works fairly well. Same scene with Corona - crashes at parsing.

"Export particles to objects" within TY flow seems to help rendering motion blur with Corona. Have not messed around with all the available options there, but at least it renders without crash.

Can you guys send any example scene? https://corona-renderer.com/upload
In my quick tests it worked fine, but it probably depends on what exactly you are motion-blurring.

2020-04-22, 14:16:55
Reply #203

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,

Will the 'TAB' issue (in colour picker) be fixed soon? This is an annoying little problem...

(If this isn't already discussed, you can't press TAB to go in to the next color value, as previously done).

Thanks

Thanks a lot for reporting. I wasn't aware of this. Confirmed, and reporting to the dev team now!

(Internal ID=496830132)
« Last Edit: 2020-04-22, 14:22:27 by maru »

2020-04-23, 13:44:11
Reply #204

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
I'm wondering if the corona proxy exporter can be looked at? Just a minor thing, but it annoys me. Normally it takes the object's name and uses that for the new proxy created (with a crp prefix). Seems like that is gone now and naming is set to: "combinedObjectName" everytime unless I manually change it.

Previously it was a little better at picking up the object's name automatically, but that would brake after first export.
- Select object -> right click -> corona proxy export = the object's name is used in the naming of the proxy that is to be exported.

On second export try on a new object in same scene, the previously exported objects name would still appear in the exporter window and I would have to manually change it. No matter if I had closed the exporter or not.
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2020-04-23, 16:25:12
Reply #205

v.p.vlasenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Triplanar not working in the latest daily build.

2020-04-23, 17:38:18
Reply #206

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Will look into both of the above reports ASAP!

2020-04-23, 20:00:07
Reply #207

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The checkbox for 'Curves' in the VFB does not seem to be working in the latest dailies.  It appears to be always on.  Anyone else experiencing this?

2020-04-23, 20:11:31
Reply #208

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Working fine here, are you sure you haven't overridden tone mapping from the render settings or in a Corona camera?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-04-23, 20:12:30
Reply #209

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No that wasn't it, but now it's working fine again after restarting.  Disregard unless I can reproduce it again, sorry!