Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Bug Reporting

Cubemape camera projection problem

(1/2) > >>

CBAS VISUAL:
Hi Team,

Yesterday we rendered a VR and when we uploaded in the viewer we have noticed a stitching problem.

Screenshot is from TheViewer website. We tried on another vr viewer and same result.
We've already contact we TheViewer team, and they told us that the little seams are caused by the denoising, but our mainly worry is concerned to the huge gap between the bottom and top projection, as you can see in the image below.

Vr resolution : 6000x1000

Full-speed non-debug version
Build timestamp: Jul  2 2019 18:43:53
Version: 4 hotfix 1 (core 4 (Hotfix 1))
Cinema version: R19.068 CINEMA 4D Studio (single-license)
Plugin status: Plugin successfully loaded

Piotr theViewer:
Hey Guys

Here is Piotr from theViewer :)

If you use VRay we know that switching off denoiser solves the problem :
https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/v-ray-for-3ds-max-forums/v-ray-for-3ds-max-general/70448-subpixel-mapping-and-denoiser-for-vr

But we are not sure what option should we use or shouldn't use with Corona?

@Tom - please help :)

TomG:
I would avoid using the AI denoisers, they probably wouldn't "understand" this image, but the Corona Denoiser should work.

As for the gap, what image resolution were you using? It would have to be 12:1 (12 times as wide as it is tall), was that the case?

EDIT ah you mentioned 6:1 - is it non-stereo in that case? Would seem odd to use a VR delivery and for it to be mono :)

CBAS VISUAL:
Can you guys do a VR try with a 6:1 ratio ?

TomG:
I don't have any VR viewing application set up at the moment to test anything - and that would be a mono VR image, right? Because Corona would need the 12:1 ratio to render a correct stereo cubemap image, it's the only ratio that will work for stereo (so I am not sure what we would be testing with a 6:1 image)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version