Author Topic: Displacement Issue  (Read 7582 times)

2019-07-02, 19:03:30

mb3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Please Follow Me
Hi,
I've noticed that when using material stacking with displacement on the first material, it causes an issue with the first materials mapping. For example.
The first material has displacement and is set to spherical mapping when another material is added it is not recognizing the mapping of the material with the displacement.

I've put a example file so you can check this.

Thanks

2019-08-05, 12:11:17
Reply #1

mb3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Please Follow Me

2019-08-05, 16:23:10
Reply #2

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What, no one's answering? I suppose that the developers are not interested in the Displacement theme because they didn't answer me either: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=25501.0

2019-08-05, 19:25:08
Reply #3

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well, maybe if report or inquiry was done in full...

1. showing how thing should work - providing reference
2. then supplying example of how Corona works (done)
3. while not comparing apples to oranges (tracer to rasterizer)

... would sprout real interest.

even my first thought was: "come on... so now i have to invest my time to investigate and hopefully predict correctly what the OP is expecting to see?"

finish it ;)

2019-08-05, 20:20:10
Reply #4

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well, maybe if report or inquiry was done in full...
That is, developers also need to be enticed so that they pay attention to their own flaws?... :-(

2019-08-05, 20:36:08
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No, simply that time is limited (we are only human, with a limited number of hours each day ;)), and the faster we can get to seeing the problem, the faster we can pick up working on it :) Example scenes, images, detailed workflow steps etc. always make it easier to pick up on a task and start exploring, and that in general will move something up in priority vs. "We are not fully sure what the user is doing, or what results they are seeing, or what results other engines give, so this will take an extra 1, 2, 5 hours to do this task, making it harder to fit in" :)

Of course we have a sample scene here so that's a good start! If you happen to know if this works differently in other engines in C4D, that would be cool to know too!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-08-05, 21:15:23
Reply #6

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Example scenes, images, detailed workflow steps etc. always make it easier to pick up on a task and start exploring
Here I added an example of the scene and a lot of screenshots, and what?... (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=25501.0)
So for now I have to use an alternative - Sculpt + Displacer, although this is not normal.

2019-08-06, 10:12:00
Reply #7

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@aler
please, don't pollute this thread
also note, in yours, you're comparing apples to oranges (look @ 3. note above)

2019-08-07, 09:29:12
Reply #8

mb3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Please Follow Me
Material stacking should use the first material as the projection for the displacement.
In corona when a new material is added to the stack
the displacement projection is using the new materials projection instead of using the first material in the stacking order.

2019-08-07, 10:40:12
Reply #9

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In corona when a new material is added to the stack the displacement projection is using the new materials projection instead of using the first material in the stacking order
I also noticed this and this is a inconvenience.